Newcastle United

Tarkowski is free in the summer, there’s alot of players free next summer to be fair, they could sign alot of players that could raise the average level of their squad to compliment star signings.

El neny tarkowski lacazette lingard cantwell chambers mhki perisic, all better than their backup or even starting options. All free with either something to prove or probably want somewhere to retire with money lol.

1 Like

Maybe they’d be interested in putting the band back together and could throw a massive bid our way at Saliba

2 Likes

£180m and no less

:eyes:

1 Like

The difficult question we need to ask ourselves is whether Saka is going to be an elite output machine. The top players in his position churn out 15+ goals in a league season.

I think he could get there but it’s too early to say.

What is a madness is referring back to Pires’ stats way back when. As a LM, he produced 3 x 14 league goal seasons. On the same side of the team that Henry dominated. I don’t know why I brought that up but Pires was a fucking phenom. Such an underrated PL great. Banging goals in at the same rate that wide forwards would be proud except from a traditional wide position in a 442.

9 Likes

I always used to rave how he was by far the best goalscorer among midfielders at his peak… Used to make it look so easy, always on the move, always finding the spaces… Had the insincts of a poacher too, often scored some rebounds etc… I’d day he had the finishing of the elite strikes of these days. At that time elite number 9s (Van Nistelrooy, Trezeguet, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Makaay etc) were much much better finishers than what we have nowadays.

And all that while being much much than just a winger, I absolutely never considered him as a winger… You could compare him to Iniesta in terms of how he made the team glue together, linking up…Except he had better vision, not that good in tight spaces of course.

He was absolute heaven on the pitch.

2 Likes

Think you have to realise it’s possibly the hardest position to be consistent in nowadays.
One thing that goes in his favour going forward is his ability and acceptance of playing in different roles for me anyway.

1 Like

Sell the cunt

4 Likes

Can see him using this story when the big bucks roll in at St. James park on transfer deadline day.
Boyhood club etc.

1 Like

Hey Stroller, did you know Zaha is an Arsenal fan. :rofl:

1 Like

I believe so. Can remember when he was an England player once as well.

2 Likes

Another poor statement.

5 Likes

Yikes. There’s always the option of saying nothing. Speak to the owners before saying anything publicly.

I get the point being made but if you’re going to put yourselves out there as a rep group you’re going to get questions in relation to that group. Just the way it is.

13 Likes

We’ve been put into a situation which we should never have been put into.

Nah bruv you haven’t. As an organisation, you stand for a set of very simple principles. They are ethical and moralistic in every sense. Fair fucking play.

These set of principles which define your organisation are now at odds with the pack of medieval cunts who now run your club, but who will also bankroll its entire future legacy.

You have the choice of standing up for what your organisation believes in and was set up to uphold…or bottling your mission statement and becoming stooges to financial doping.

After all, success at any cost is the most important thing in sport (Sky Sports ©®™/ BT Sport ©®™)

14 Likes

I don’t get what they’re afraid of. It’s not like displaying some element of concern or disapproval is going to make these guys back out of the deal. Plenty of football owners have faced scorn and not given the slightest shits about it. So it’s not like they’ll screw over the club or anything.

4 Likes

Exactly what’s happening.

:frog::coffee:

3 Likes

Pires and Ljungberg were a sexier precursor to Salah and Mane, they provided the blueprint for goalscoring wide forwards long before it was cool.

If they were about now they’d be putting up better numbers as well, as wide forwards and strikers often seem to score more these days than they did in the early 00s or earlier.

4 Likes

Yeah definitely. Wingers were more withdrawn from the goal in 2004 than they are in 2021 when they’re effectively the main goal scorers for a lot of big teams. Teams like City and Liverpool use their striker to make space and bring the wide men into play whereas there is no way Henry was being used in that type of role (despite his ridiculous assist numbers).

1 Like

A Newcastle fan has reworked Mandy for Amanda Staveley and it’s terrible :sweat_smile: