Newcastle United

Ooof. That’s bad.

It’s not as cringeworthy as the guys chugging beers wrapped in the Saudi flag but it’s bad.

I only listened to forty seconds but I’d confidently assert that it’s actually at least 12.6 times more cringeworthy than the lad with a beer and a flag

1 Like

Can we at least agree neither is as bad a Newcastle fan wearing a keffiyeh?

I remember City fans doing the same after their sale and it really creeped me out.

1 Like

Interesting first choice. 16million to get him though seems like wasted cash.

Leicester should approach Lucien Favre. This could work out for both clubs.

First sign the new regime is suspect if true

1 Like

Who you think they should snap up?

Rodgers has done well for them tbh.

Would be a good appointment for them

1 Like

Yeh it’s not a bad first step in my book, they’ve got to stabilise the ship a little before they can think about being PSG or City

1 Like

It’s a tricky one for someone who is most likely to serve as a transition coach short term rather than long term manager over the next 4-6 seasons especially before the club has appointed a new CEO or DOF.

£14m to break his contract doesn’t seem worth it to me despite their riches.

In terms of an alternative name, I think Lamps would be a good bridge coach but has he got the belly for a relegation scrap?

3 Likes

They can have Arteta for £140m

5 Likes

I don’t rate Lampard at all. Agreed the price to break Rodgers contract isn’t worth it though.

If the priority is to avoid relegation. Allardyce or Hodgson until end of the season?

1 Like

Very good shout actually

He didn’t retire did he? Would be a good palate cleanser of a coach

1 Like

Pretty sure he didn’t retire. He just stepped down from Palace. Achieved what he felt he could there.

Nah he’s retired lads

What’s Harry redknapp upto nowadays?

What has Lampard done to prove he is in any way a viable choice?

Appointing Lampard is far more suspect than appointing Rodgers

3 Likes

He did more than enough with Derby and Chelsea to show he does have some nous as a coach.

The idea behind a short term bridge coach is to sort the front office without committing to someone long term whilst having a coach introduce fresh ideas to the squad. There are many guys who can do this

It’s a sprint not a marathon, they don’t need to hit a home run on the coaching appointment. It’s not even a given that Steve bruce relegates this side with some January spending tbh

He did OK at Derby and was crap at Chelsea and I wouldn’t trust him to do the job that’s required at Newcastle even as a bridge

Doesn’t deserve such an oppurtunity IMO

FIFY

1 Like