Moussa Diaby

Interesting we are still in for him…

Seems Arteta still wants to add a proper wide, pacy option after the Mudryk attempt. I definitely expect to see more of Martinelli in the middle as the time goes.
Interesting to see how we’re going to handle the Balogun situation too. Options, options, options…

I think there could be something here.

I’m pretty sure another pacy wide man is still one od Arteta’s top priorities after we failed both with Raphina and Mudryk. I don’t think Trossard changes anything, he will still be used all across the front line.

2 Likes

First we sign a Vieira, and then a Diaby.

It’s like playing Football Manager for 30+ seasons, and they have to start rehashing surnames :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can anyone give a quick profile and breakdown of him? I’ve genuinely only seen him once and I remember nothing.

He’s quick, very quick.

what do we do with Trossard then?
As the 4th man of the frontline this season, he hardly get a start.
If an expensive Diaby joining, where will Trossard play?

Trossard
Jesus
Martinelli
Saka
Diaby (?)
Nketiah

We’d have 6 players for 3 positions. That’s absolutely perfect in my eyes.

9 Likes

With the league, CL, FA cup and Mickey cup to contend with, a depth of that sort is a must imo.

3 Likes

I don’t see Eddie and Tross playing much, after Jesus came back… to be exact, to start or logging significant minutes I should say.
So, it is not just about the number of players…

Tbh with you, I couldn’t give a shit.
Trossard knew what he signed up for when he signed. Arteta implied so when we signed him.

He’s never gonna be a starter here. That ship sailed for him. He’s not even a starter for Belgium so he shouldn’t be unfamiliar to the situation. Should just enjoy the ride and help the team when he’s called upon.

1 Like

I think we could have a better rotation for the past few weeks/months or so.
Not necessary to play Saka and Martinelli 90 minutes almost every game.

That’s how it should be. All can play anywhere in the front 3 positions. You can have different options and combinations to mess up with opponents.

City and Liverpool only have 6 options for the front 3 and that helps making you competitive.

Grealish, Mahrez, Haaland, Alvarez, Foden, Bernardo
Nunez, Salah, Gakpo, Diaz, Firmino, Jota

3 Likes

The challenge here will be whether Arteta can learn his lesson and stop persisting with players (Saka, Zinchenko, Holding), when then they’re delivering shit performance week after week. Just drop them and try someone else ffs.

1 Like

I have only seen a handful of matches plus highlight vids but its a bit scary to spend big on a Bundesliga attacker with his output numbers. Sancho, Havertz, and Werner were much more productive statistically in that league and flopped in the PL. Diaby is pretty similar statistically to Leon Bailey.

He feels like a player that should be 25-35m and would be a good purchase for our needs at that price but for some reason is being offered around at 65m like he is some kind of superstar.

2 Likes

£40m should be the ceiling for a player who isn’t exactly killing it in the Bundesliga

1 Like

Bundesliga tax is big.

Not to keen on this guy

1 Like

Not convinced. Might as well go for Kolo Muani if we’re determined to take a punt on a Bundesliga forward.