Moussa Diaby

a speedy winger

1 Like

Danny Olmo would be a better fit.

4 Likes

Media starting to jump on this but clearly out of desperation and clickbait more than any actual movement.

4 Likes

Weā€™re just waiting for Ornstein now. See how he approached the Mudryk deal btw, he went against the grain Saturday morning and said the deal was still complex when it looked done.
Hasnā€™t mentioned anyone as an alternative yet either.

I think all these rumours that are popping up now are:
A) Mostly clickbait cashing in on our attention
B) Edu probably making some simple enquiries about various wingers to see whoā€™s available at the moment and people running with it

2 Likes

Tbf Fabrizio also underlined before that, a couple of times, we were never in advanced stages of negotiations as some obscure sources said, and that we just made that improved last bid on thurdsday and thatā€™s it. Orny said nothing original.

It amuses me that people criticise Ornstein or that Fabrizio bloke for being ā€œtap in merchantsā€ even though the difference with them is they report actual news whereas most ā€œsourcesā€ try and seize on tiny details if anything at all and hope they turn out to be right.

3 Likes

Fabrizio is absolutely legit. Has a lot of empty tweets just for added clicks (itā€™s his job, I donā€™t mind it at all) where heā€™s just repeating his own exclusives, but if you can ignore that heā€™s absolutely the best source out there.

1 Like

I donā€™t think we will get anyone

I think weā€™ll make a play for one, perhaps two players but yeah, I donā€™t think itā€™s that unlikely a scenario we bring nobody in if those donā€™t work out.

1 Like

Would be incredibly negligent to come out of January with no new additions.

5 Likes

Yep. It will literally be a mirror of the last January window where it cost us top 4. We have to sign someone.

1 Like

ā€˜Leverkusen have not responded to Arsenal over Diabyā€™

Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth:

"Arsenal have made initial contact with Bayer Leverkusen over Moussa Diaby. Our information is that the contact has not been reciprocated yet.

"Leverkusen have not come back to Arsenal about whether they want to do business. Leverksuen will be reluctant to do business mid-season.

"But their season has not gone according to plan. They have dropped down into the Europa League, they are 12th in the Bundesliga.

ā€œArsenal do want to strengthen but they will only do so in a disciplined manner.ā€

So we are in the preparing to respond to contact made phase already. The signing will be sealed in september 2048 then.

This rumour low-key stinks.
Someone is driving this out through Dharmesh. Nobody else reputable is reporting it.

Someone else was gonna post this eventually so might as well post it now:

So we went from 100m to 75 plus bonuses? Sounds familiar. Someone is pushing this guy to Arsenal(or the PL).

Not sure where Berger gets his stats from lol 16 goals this season isnā€™t correct

The quoted tweet with the goals/assists stat is from March 2022, so refers to last season. Only becomes clear when you view it on twitter, date of quoted tweet isnā€™t part of the embed.

2 Likes

I guess this deal is dead now?

Depends.