Motorsport

OMG F1 is sooo boring.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, in MotoGP land, Alex Rins takes his maiden win at Austin on the Suzuki after Marquez crashed out. Rins battling with Rossi in the final few laps for victory. Dovizioso retakes the lead of the championship with a 4th place. Top 4 covered by 9 points.

Marquez will still be the title favourite, but at least there is proper competition and closeness in MotoGP that I wish we had in F1.

I guess @BigWeng_4LYFE will be all geared up right now in the stands for Indycar at Long Beach :smiley:

1 Like

Marquez wins all the time, but that’s because he’s the best rider around.

Fair enough. The only one that could have beaten him was a Ducati shod Lorenzo but he was a moron and left.

That’s fine. But the top like 5 teams are so close together that anyone can win.

If only F1 was as competitive.

1 Like

The next few races will be worth watching, i expect some proper close battles for the win. COTA is one of Marquez’s absolute don tracks. Until today he’d never even lost there since they started 2013 lol. Plus COTA is probably the worst track for racing they go to all year. Now they return to Europe for to start that leg of the series at Jerez and the next few rounds are usually epic for racing, so if you get fed up of F1, then make sure to watch MotoGP mate :slight_smile:

The great thing with Suzuki’s win today is last year they had consessions to help them close the gap to the front, which resulted in lots of podiums. This year, they don’t have them, but they’ve been able to maintain a strong level and to be able to win like they have shows how great the regs work in MotoGP. Wish F1 adopted something similar.

1 Like

Mercedes and Ferrari would never allow it.

Mercedes because they’re doing fine right now. Ferrari because that ubercunt Toto has managed to scam them into thinking Ferrari are close to beating them.

Pipe dream. This cartel of cunts has been fucking F1 for too long.

2 Likes

No point mentioning today’s borefest in F1 (well let’s be honest, this year is fucking awful), so instead I’m gonna heap praise on an awesome Indycar race from yesterday at Indianapolis GP. Started off dry, but the rain steadily fell throughout, eventually having to switch to wets. In the final 16 laps Pagenaud stormed through the pack, reeling off drivers one by one. Was catching Dixon around 2 seconds a lap and pulled off an awesome move round the outside for the lead with less than 2 to go!

It was a really good race anyways throughout but it kinda once again demostrates where Formula 1 is going so horribly wrong. You just don’t know what’s going to happen each race in this series and that’s how racing should be. Kinda surprised you not mentioned the race yourself yet @BigWeng_4LYFE :smiley:

Two weeks until the Indy 500. Alonso is back again this year. So if anyone gets fed up of Monaco on the same day, then Indy will follow straight afterwards. @Electrifying @Midfield_Maestro

3 Likes

Sweet, will watch both!

Is Alonso one of the faves?

1 Like

I think Alonso will be a contender, but it might be a little tougher this time round. 2 years ago he had Andretti Autosport helping him, who are one of the best, but I think this time the Mclaren entry is being handled by Carlin (correct me if I’m wrong Kurt?) who are quite young to Indy. Plus Nando is running Chevy engines this time instead of Honda. Also the aero has changed a little from two years ago, so there’s that aspect tp get used to as well.

So it’ll be interesting to see. He’ll be there I’m sure, but Indy can also be such a lottery with pit stops, or people crashing etc. First oval race of the season too.

2 Likes

Mate I’m done with F1 after today.

Disillusioned with Ferrari too. All that cancer money and all they do is make the same brain-dead strategy calls. Fuck em.

How’s Alonso’s chances lads @BigWeng_4LYFE @Mysty because he was my fave and I’m gonna follow him to the triple crown .

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

Its times like this I miss Luca. That Ferrari car is cack this season!

1 Like

Yup Alonso always has a chance cuz he’s a great driver and anyone in the field can win indy on their day. Chevy’s have been really strong on ovals in the past @Mysty Ed Carpenter Racing runs chevy and they are always very fast especially at Indy, Penske too btw. Like you said tho Carlin is a bit green so yeah a bit of a disadvantage but Alonso and Patricio O’ward have been testing at Indy quite a bit, so they should have some good data.

The Indy GP this weekend had over 200 on course passes. The Spanish GP I know is notorious for being a non passing and kinda boring track, but this past weekend did highlight the gulf in entertainment between the two series imo. Indy GP was fantastic Dan. Pagenaud really showed what he can do in the wet weather. Racing at Lemans and having all that experience really helps a lot. Also really cool was that 3rd and 4th were teams that are normally back markers but they had a good strategy for the rain and got a bit lucky. That kinda stuff really makes Indycar fun to watch.

This grand prix was great, so much drama from front to back, and this highlight reel of the race kinda gives a ton of examples as to why Indycar is a much more interesting sport to watch than F1. Lol it’s a hill I will die on and my mission is to get you guys to watch the series with me :joy::joy:

• universal aero kit and chasis (level playing field)

• 200 seconds of 60 extra hp push to pass at any time offensively or defensively (I think it’s superior to DRS)

• refuelling in pit stops (added variables make the race way more interesting pit stops are so boring in F1, pit crews require much more skill in Indycar. Also opens the door to multiple different strategies)

• full course yellows and restarts (virtual safety car ect takes a ton of drama out of the race)

@Mysty as far as full course yellows are concerned, it really trips me out when a driver just pulls to the side of the road in F1 and gets out of the car. Imagine if a car loses control and crashes near or into a driver just walking around on the course. Always thought that was strange personally.

Alonso crashed at Indy practice today, looked pretty bad but he’s not injured from what I’ve read.

Btw the Chevy’s are looking really strong and fast again so Alonso should have the car to win the race that’s not gonna be the issue.

1 Like

So this didn’t age well :wenger2: I watched a bit of the Indy Qually briefly today and it’s super competitive. Alonso and Mclaren are struggling so much this week and currently not even in the top 30 for the race. I’d be super surprised if they didn’t take one of three remaining spots though, but like I suspected, the partnership with Carlin is not bearing much positivity. Nando hasn’t seemed happy with the car’s handling most of the week. Seems Mclaren have really underestimated the job it takes to do Indy. They’ve got a lot of work on their hands to find more speed, pronto.

Big old crash for Hinchcliff though, jeez. Guy doesn’t have much luck around Indy.

1 Like

Was gonna bump this and mention he’s on the bubble. The other part time driver they have is safely in the race tho. We’ll see, gonna be pretty bad for business if Alonso isn’t in the race lol :joy::joy:

I think it’s good in a way he’s in this position, because it demostrates Indy is not some B grade series that some F1 snobs think isn’t so great etc. It’s a really good championship that’s growing in strength year on year and any driver or team coming in, needs a lot of time and understanding to get on top of it. Indy especially is a tough race.

Besides, Alonso had it piss easy regards to Le Mans last year, so it feels like it’s balancing out lol. I am curious if he will finally do Indy fulltime next year. His WEC contract runs out after next month and won’t return after that. He’s looking at doing the world famous Dakar Rally next year which would be quite something. People still harbour hope he’ll return to F1, but given how poor shape that’s in, I can’t see him ever returning personally. Not even worth it.

1 Like

Here he goes on his final run, we’ll find out of he can do it.

The announcers are saying that Mclaren made a deal with Andretti to buy their damper program and they got some help from Penske on some technical sheets too lol, everyone wants him in the race it’s good for the sport.

He’s at 227mph rt now 2nd with 3 more to go.

Uh oh he’s on the bubble now with 2 cars to go…lol the suspenseeeee :grin::grin:

Pato O’ward is out :neutral_face::neutral_face: too bad I love the guy. 18 year old Mexican kid who’s on the junior Red Bull team, I guess that means a test driver?

Yikes, Juncos the smallest team, they can’t even get a sponsor for the car, just knocked Alonso out :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

How does indy 500 work? You have to qualify in order to participate in the race?

33 cars are allowed into the field, so anything slower than 33 is bumped. Alonso and Mclaren are out for now, but they can still buy their way in if a small team decides to sell their spot.

Indycar has like 22 full time drivers that are in every single race and then there are a few part time teams that race about half the events. But for Indy a lot of teams add additional cars and new teams always try to join and make the event. McLaren was only here for the one race as well as a few other teams but they struggled the most of the new teams.

1 Like

Man I wanted to check out the Qually run of Alonso but wasn’t able to. Fuck me that is a huge shock. Alonso and Mclaren really are utterly cursed together :arteta:

Honestly I hope he doesn’t find a way into the race. There was talk of Hinchcliffe doing that last year but he accepted his non qually fate and sat out, and likewise Alonsos comments before today suggested he’ll accept his fate whatever it may be. He’ll just have to try again next year like the race and come back better prepared.

Christ I can’t believe he got knocked out though, that is a bloody huge own goal for someone of his rep.

2 Likes