Most popular

So we have a lot of fans outside of England on here.
Question im asking is which team in the Premier League is most popular in your country.

Also out of interest how has City’s success effected a following there.

2 Likes

In Denmark its all about Liverpool and Manchester United. I would give the edge to Liverpool. Daniel Agger being a prolific player in the 00’s and 10’s produced a lot of Liverpool fans.

City is noneexistent here, but im seing more and more kids with City kits in the gym and on the football fields. In about 10 years time it will be more accepted to be a City fan, just like being a Chelsea fan took some years for people to accept.

4 Likes

In Sweden i would definitely say Utd and then Liverpool. Closely followed by Arsenal, Spuds and for some odd reason I know Sunderland have a strong following here as well. City and Chelsea might be more common with younger fans though.

2 Likes

Gotta be the Seb Larson connection?

2 Likes

Manchester United and Chelsea

3 Likes

Manchester United most popular here (Netherlands) by far. Followed by Liverpool.

So many times people are surprised when I mention being an Arsenal fan. “Why them?!”

2 Likes

Yeah maybe for the ones in their 30s now. Their games were shown a lot on TV here 30-40 years ago though, so maybe that’s a reason.

1 Like

I thought there would be more because of Bergkamp, Overmars, RVP and Van Bronkhurst.

4 Likes

I’d say Liverpool are most supported but United not far behind. Lots of Leeds and Spurs fans but only those of a certain age. And Arsenal somewhere in the middle of those.

Chelsea and City always growing in popularity but still way below anyone else on that list.

2 Likes

Even then I felt van Nistelrooy was more popular.

1 Like

On a sidenote, which club(not just PL) is most popular in Netherlands?

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering with Cruyff legacy at Barcelona if that had an influence.
AC Milan trio might be big too.

Dumb fucks

5 Likes

It’s United and Liverpool here as first tier. Then Arsenal and Chelsea with Tottenham trailing. City is picking up a little bit of steam but not much.

4 Likes

Canada pretty much being a non-football country, at least in my part, I’ve seen the odd Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, jacket or shirt, but we’re needles in the haystack. Oh, and I did see a Newcastle shirt once. Cities with major clubs, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver no doubt you’d spot some shirts about, but football is such a minority sport here it barely registers with the average person.

4 Likes

As far as I know, Arsenal has a pretty big fanbase here in Bosnia, similar in Croatia too.
I’d say we are up there with United and Liverpool over here, I really don’t know the exact numbers, but reading the forums etc I’d say roughly we’re up there.

Some Chelsea fans… Haven’t heard about an actual City fanbase so far…

1 Like

Liverpool and Manchester United followed by Arsenal and Chelsea.

I think in 20 years time City will have overtaken us.

1 Like

From my frequent visits Jamaica is still mainly Arsenal and Manchester United from the older heads. Black representation in Arsenal from the 80/90s played a part I would say alongside success.

You’d still see a lot of Arsenal O2, United AIG shirts.

Kids/young adults love Chelsea though I find. City just hasn’t kicked off much. Think they still prefer to commit to United.

2 Likes

@SRCJJ you got a take on Morocco or North Africa?

1 Like

When I grew up, I lived in Casablanca for a couple years. I’d say Italian clubs were massive mainly when I was young. Then over the years the shift happened towards Spanish and English clubs.

Manchester United is far and away the big team though. Lot of Arsenal and Liverpool fans too

2 Likes