Most popular

From my work travels and the people who I’ve worked with abroad, I would say most of the Premier league teams are equally followed I’ve seen knock of Arsenal/Chelsea (fake) shirts in the most remote places. Some kid selling water melons at a bazar or some kid on a back of donkey in some village, or some kids kicking a ball about in the middle of nowhere.

Most of the places I been to though Barca and Real Madrid dwarfed all the other teams, especially during the Messi Ronaldo days. Places would be shut down, hundreds of people gathering to watch to together, it’s funny because in Iraq I’ve seen groups of people fighting over the teams when one loses, like full football factories kind of skirmishes, in 2006 a group of Brazil fans clashed with some French fans, which unfortunately resulted in the deaths of a couple of youngsters. Football is actually so big I remember during the World Cup final, you had no explosions or shootings in the city of Baghdad (none that were reported anyway) it was like the whole country terrorist groups in all were watching the game. Total madness.

2 Likes

I think the generation of blink and myself yes, but younger kids definitely United, Lolpool, Chavs and City

Courtesy of 15 years of mismanagement from the Arsenal board

4 Likes

Here in London it’s Manchester United.

3 Likes

Manchester United is the most popular club in my home country, as the major football coverage on TVs switched from Serie A to English football around the 1997/98 period. Followed by them closely are Liverpool and Arsenal, who have a relatively decent following as well. Followed by them, I guess, are Chelsea.

City have a decent following growing, mostly among people who started following football about the 2010 period, with majority of them being in their 20s. I believe that number will grow further over time.

1 Like

I grew up not knowing any City fans, almost everyone I knew was a Spurs or utd fan. I now have family members whose kids want an aguero or De bruyne shirts. I see City shirts bloody everywhere now lol.

1 Like