Moises Caicedo

I’d prefer Caicedo over Rice.

2 Likes

Going to have to pay way over market value to get him in this window.

If we wanted him why didn’t we go earlier. Get the idea longer in the players head and well, unsettle him.

1 Like

Looking forward to all the reports of how we bought the title, by buying up Brighton players.

1 Like

We don’t sign him now someone else still will for big money. High energy midfielder with a good pass on him, good work rate, good ball winner. Wins possession up the pitch and lively in transition. Can play him in the 6 and box to box. He fits Arteta’s check list to a tee and at that age can take over Xhaka or Partey’s role in the coming years.

If we sign Caicedo I think this league is coming home.

But I think we’ll face serious competition from Chelsea who will slap £75m and I’d put them favourites ahead of us given what they’re willing to pay.

1 Like

Spare a thought for @Tielemens. The lad has been swept off our list and he’s literally there to be taken.

Does make you wonder why no one went for this kid last season. Brighton only paid £5m for him.

Especially when he is so much better than Bissouma.

Lad saw Arsenal and said “Yeah, fuck that! I want out now!”.

2 Likes

10m stopgap for Tielemans?

This is just part of a plan by Arteta to get Chelsea to buy him.

We bid for Caicedo.
Chelsea put in a bigger bid.
We pretend to be annoyed but let Chelsea get the player.
Chelsea sign Caicedo and look smug.
This leaves the way open for us to sign Rice in the next widow and look even more smug.
Job done.

Anyway, Rice is a lot more easy to spell than Caicedo. :grinning:

1 Like

In it’s own way the pricing is as high as Mudryk deal really.

Do you have the numbers on that? Because I don’t think Arsenal published the wage structure proposal for either player.

Just going off the transfer fee alone. Two relatively unknown players being bought on potential mostly at smallish clubs.

1 Like

If Brighton can get 65m for a guy they bought last january for peanuts they deserve a medal.

I think we can close this thread for now. Looks like we’ll be riding with zero depth until May.

Brighton looked to be legitimately chasing European football this year.

I don’t see much reason to further weaken themselves to do a deal they may be able to do at the end of the season anyway, especially when they’re already something like £75m in profit this season.

1 Like

Is he that good? I mean we needed a midfielder even before Elneny’s mystery injury so this just makes it even more of a pressing issue.

Seems like a Bissouma profile more than a Partey profile. Extremely athletic and combative, but not particularly polished.

I am surprised by this bid. Would have been even more surprised if Brighton had accepted it.

Anyway, we move on. One thing is clear, we are doing whatever we can to win this league.