Moises Caicedo

Brighton are becoming to us what Southampton were to Liverpool lol

6 Likes

What contract length is he on at Brighton?

Read they want £75m which surely means no Rice if they follow up with the money they’re holding out for.

1 Like

We should bid 75m for Rice.

Annoying this guy is the number 1 target

Contract ends in 2025. For what is worth, he is not a high earner there.

1 Like

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
I know some reported Rice is still on but I very much doubt it if we sign Caicedo.

Well I guess he might push for it. I don’t see why Brighton would unless he throws a Trossard fit.

A bit mad that an injury to Elneny is making them supposedly pivot from Rice to Caicedo, you have to wonder whether Rice really was the #1 target after all lol

1 Like

I can see why we’re doing it if we really rate the guy, we might like Rice buy Rice isn’t helping us win the league in the next 4 months.

2 Likes

Even if he was, that doesn’t guarantee anything. Arsenal could very well save their money now and go for Rice in the summer but that’s gonna be some race regardless. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, City and Liverpool will all be after him.
Whoever doesn’t get Bellingham will turn their attention to Rice. Whoever doesn’t get Rice will go for Caicedo, and so on and so forth…

Arsenal could very well come out of it empty-handed.

4 Likes

I think we really really want this league title and we’re willing to sacrifice Rice for it

2 Likes

I don’t get the Bellingham and Rice thing they are very different players, it’s not like for like at all

I can’t complain at the club trying to bag what seems like a very good young prospect but again it’s a bit mad and just shows people don’t know jack shit haha

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is Caicedo really that good?

Not gonna lie, if I could choose between Rice, Zubimendi and Caicedo I would pick Rice and Zubimendi first.

The guy has great intensity sure but he is not particularly good with the ball.

We are one injury away from Lokonga fucking up our whole season

1 Like

If we’re after him then I take that to mean he is

These guys rarely miss

1 Like

It’s never over until it’s over.

And don’t call me Shirley.

These transfer fees are getting crazy now, I was reading Caicedo was signed for €5 million in 2021 was then loaned out to a Belgian club for 6 months and now £60 million won’t buy him.

1 Like

True, but also have to factor that we’re doing business in January

With that said they’ll want the same fee in the summer too lol

3 Likes