Mohamed Elneny (25)

I hate this logic. Not just in football but in general.

3 Likes

I think the failure last time was him being more of a regular starter, which he isnā€™t. But he is consistent and reliable to put in a good shift. Not sure weā€™ll find a buyer for him anyway. And heā€™s only on 50k per week. If we sell Guendouzi and Torreira and only bring in Partey (I think we only get 1 MF in yet), then heā€™ll provide depth and can play against lower table sides. Itā€™s a packed schedule this season. We can barely afford to buy first team players, so we definiltey canā€™t buy squad players.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think he ā€˜failedā€™ worse than any of our other midfielders. In terms of passing accurately, while moving and constantly running at high tempo. IMO Elneny fits Artetaā€™s requirements more than most of our midfielders.

1 Like

Arteta said in his interview that he knows him well and knows his attributes and he played alongside him so i am pretty sure he knows what he is doing as regards using him and the reasons why.

2 Likes

He seems like a combination of Vieira and Xavi. Very decent performance.

1 Like

Tutankhamun Vieira

Vieira was the French Elneny

2 Likes

Napoleon Elneny.

1 Like

Le Napoleon Elneny

Iā€™ve heard him labeled as the pyramid Pirlo on twitter.

12 Likes

Pyramid Pirlo has a nice ring to it :joy:

1 Like

People on twitter also saying Salah was the second best Egyptian today

3 Likes

I never thought he was that bad before. Mixture of the loan experience and Artetas coaching have made him look like a pretty good player. Just hope he can keep it up now.

I am all for giving players a chance, especially young players, but if we want our club to progress we need to upgrade the squad, particularly now in midfield. Elneny would not get into any of the top fours midfield, so we need to upgrade in this position. He didnā€™t set the premier league on fire when he played with us before, and I canā€™t see him doing it now. While he could be a decent squad player, I would sooner sell him for as much as we can get and reinvest the money in Partey and/or Aouar.

At best I think he is a squad player and agree that we would probably be able to get more for Torreira and Guendouzi, so selling Elneny may not be realistic, but if we find a buyer, I would personally move him on, particularly as we have AMN who can play in midfield as well.

100% agree, which is why we need to overhaul our midfield. Partey and Aouar, along with Ceballos would transform our midfield. We need to raise money to sign them, so I am happy to sacrifice Torreira, Guendouzi and Elneny to help fund their purchases.

we arent signing both this isnt FIFA

1 Like

I think there is a good chance we are going to sign bothā€¦I have faith in the ā€˜projectā€™ and in Edu. As soon as we sell some players on we will make our move.

you are only going to disappoint yourself here tbh

Yeah, it didnā€™t make much sense before but now it would be pure overkill. We have Xhaka, Elneny, Ceballos, Ozil, Willock and Guendo.
I doubt any of them will join Torreira on the way out.

Have faithā€¦weā€™re not done in the transfer window yet. Players will be moved on and we will reinvest in the squad. Last summer we were talking about Fraser or Carrasco as potential winger targets and we ended up signing Pepeā€¦We will definately get one of them, but I really think we will be successful in getting them both.