Mohamed Elneny

So you do understand

9 Likes

:joy:

I hate this man. I really think Mikel was such a complete and underrated midfielder. Heā€™s like Per where fans just didnā€™t appreciate his god tier understanding of the game because he wasnā€™t super fast.

Honestly Mikel was one of my favourite players of the last 6-7 years.

8 Likes

He was the best holding midfielder weā€™ve had the past decade.
The Ramsey-Arteta double pivot with Ozil at #10 was unreal.

Watching the behind the scenes Arsenal training session on YouTube, and looks like Arteta likes Elneny, they were practising a move on the right which involved a different winger and forward but every time it was initiated by Elneny. Will put the video down below for you guys to check out as well.

1 Like

Willian looking sharpish

Looks solid enough, Ive never had an issue with him as a squad player. Itā€™s just when we hit an injury crisis and then have to rely on him week in, week out that his shortcomings get exposed.

2 Likes

Had a really good game today to his credit, but itā€™s very average opposition.

2 Likes

I think he always looked alright but never great.
He did impress me in the final months of Wenger. I thought it finally clicked for him then.
He just never got a chance under Emery after that though. Guendouzi being such a discovery didnā€™t help of course.

2 Likes

Ironically itā€™s the discovery of Guendouzi being such a dickhead thatā€™s let Elneny back in

3 Likes

For such opposition, we need such players to ease more game off the first choices.
Elneny is fine as a squad option.

4 Likes

Pretty happy with him as a squad option. He will be helpful to fill a place and keep it relatively simple.

3 Likes

Yeah you do need squad players, if he keeps playing at this level I agree.

Iā€™m just praying we make a couple of midfield signings and we could really push 4th then.

4 Likes

Egyptian Thiago :fire::fire:

8 Likes

Funny you say that because from the training clips Iā€™ve seen he actually has quite an expansive passing range.

I agree with @Aussiegooner 1 or 2 midfield additions and we can comfortably push for the cups and get my predicted 3rd place finish. With Arteta anything is possible :muscle:t4:

2 Likes

Credit to Arteta for making Elneny look like prime Sergio Busquets today.

You really see the importance of specific detailed coaching in order to make bland players like this look solid. #InMikelWeTrust

12 Likes

Guendouzi iz done out ā€˜ere.

Arteta made an effort to recognise Elnenyā€™s contribution even before he was asked by the interviewer. Weā€™ll see if he maintains that message during the post match press conference.

2 Likes

Everyone gets a relative clean slate under the new manager. If Arteta can get him to be a high energy pesky cunt on a consistent basis then he adds value to the squad, particularly in the absence of a Partey like signing.

2 Likes

Elneny is a solid player. We need an upgrade, but having him for cup games and off the bench would be good. I also donā€™t think weā€™d get much for him, so I just donā€™t think heā€™s worth selling then.

1 Like

Played well today, but sorry I am still not convinved. He was a player that failed previously and I canā€™t see improving. Same as Mustafi for meā€¦just hoping these first team starts mean a team comes in for him before the end of the transfer windowā€¦the recent performances should add some value to him.

1 Like