Mohamed Elneny (25)

Eric Dier is similar but possesses some ‘English grit’ which gets him a pass.

How much did Elneny cost? For a cheap player he does a job. He’s not on the radar as someone we would actively buy but he does a job and we need someone like him to fill a gap in situations where we are struggling with better players not available. I’m not saying I’m a fan of his I just don’t think he’s that bad for the money.

I believe he cost 5 million

We probably should just sell him and use Willock for his position in the squad

1 Like

Yeah this is the sort of thing you have to do in our stage/financial position… plug in “depth” with younger, promising players who are still cheap and have a chance to take it to next level and either solidify themselves as legit starter option OR sell on to subsidize our targeted buys.

2 Likes

James Milner? He is Boring James Milner after all :grin: (Though as a player significantly much better).

Vanilla is more satisifying than Elneny could ever be :gunnersaurus:

This bloke makes Denilson feel like a quality player, absolute garbage, curious to see what type of club picks him up after his contract with us expires.

2 Likes

He’ll do well to find a championship club biding for him.

1 Like

He’s had fairly limited game time so it’s wrong to single him out for too many of our problems, but why he’s starting ahead of Torreira here…:eyes:

this guy cannot pass forward, and when he does he loses the ball its fucking nutz. How can you only pass backwards and sideways as a professional footballer and a midfielder only to lose the fucking ball each time you pass forward, what is the matter with these fucking players.

It’s not his fault he’s at Arsenal still, I blame the old regime.

He is so below the requisite level it’s just sad, he offers nothing except work rate, should be binned off in the summer.

How he got a new deal is anyone’s guess.

3 Likes

Gave him the #4 Shirt in the summer instead of doing the right move which is selling him.

1 Like

That was very odd, Wenger clearly didn’t rate him at all but I suppose it’s one of his character flaws that he is so generous even with players he doesn’t particularly like.

Was that a Wenger move more than a regime one? I recall he got the shirt around the time Emery was annouced.

I think the upheaval in the higher ups in the club is what harmed us that summer.

Shirt maybe but what about the new deal?

And yeah that probably did harm us.

Ah good point actually. Yeah. Was in March wasn’t it?

I don’t blame the guy, he went out and gave it his all. Just the fact, he’s just not a top quality player and isn’t fit to replace the likes of Torreira and Xhaka. He’s a guy who plays the safe pass and doesn’t have the quality to spray long passes. Along with Jenko, the heart is there but the quality isn’t. Emery messed up.

2 Likes

I think it was yes, strange decision.

Great tweet :arteta:

2 Likes

Can see him moving back to Basel, or possibly a mid-table Bundesliga outfit.