Super Mik Arteta

You make some good points elsewhere but I want CL football in the middle of the week lol

also mo money for better players regardless of what you think of the manager makes us more interesting to watch at least?

2 Likes

Arteta is already signed on again so yes, more money is good. You’ll see a few group stage matches then it’s on to the Europa league. With luck we will only have to sit through another season of this shit. Hopefully he’ll go the way of the Ole next season. I have a feeling the team wont put up with a lot more of the hypocritical bull shit he pulls.

The whole thing is weird because we lost games expected to win and won games we were expected to lose or drop points, until the NLD that is. It was recognised though overall Spuds had an easier run in. I’m not a fan of taking slices of a season, we had that last season with people banging on about what we had done the second half of the season. Bottom line, 66 points with two matches to go is actually pretty decent. Doesn’t mean I will ever do a “Super Mik” chant though, I avoid extremes positive or negative, and I make no apologies for that.

I reckon we’d still get out of the group stage if we qualified, the EPL is just by far and away the strongest league.

I think a lot of the fragility in the last 10 games is due to the failure to strengthen in January while offloading more of the squad. In the meantime it looks like the Conte made a couple of astute purchases which he knew he needed.

My frustration with the Edu and Arteta combo is they appear to display this kind of rigidity / failure in execution too often. I hope they will learn from their mistakes.

I don’t think there is any doubt that the Conte has worked miracles in a short space of time after replacing Nuno. In the meantime we’re still waiting for Arteta and Edus project 2.5 years in.

No matter what happens this week I’d like to see if they can finally bring this project to fruition in the Summer and the start of next season. But I’ll be very frustrated if we blow top 4 which was there for the taking.

If we don’t look much better by August though I will be on the Big Weng Arteta out bus for good and cursing the Kroenkes once more for extending him.

4 Likes

2.5 seasons in the job and not one top 4 finish, yet somehow has 3 years to run on his contract….

Arsenal the club of non negotiables :joy:

4 Likes

Should be gone after the last 2 pathetic showings.

5 Likes

Just as well they got the extension in before the pathetic crumble

6 Likes

This is why the contract offer should’ve been after the season ended.

8 Likes

Loving that new deal boost for the club ffs

3 Likes

We all know the contract was there for taken long time ago.
Just about when to announce it.
Winning or losing these last few games don’t matter.

1 Like

7 Likes

6 losses in our last 11 games is an outrageously poor statistic.

7 Likes

Won’t top Emery’s 70 points is 18/19, which is a very poor showing all things considered

tut tut

8 Likes

Since we are doing it in 3s over here we might as well lose to Everton too.
Emirates will love it.

How dare you expect God emperor Arteta to reach 70 point mark in just 3 seasons. You just want to see Arsenal fail!!! Just look at how young and delicate our squad is, we need to just wait for them to reach their prime and the 4th position will be ours. Arsenal CL 2030 :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

4 Likes

Somebody fire this man PLEASE!!

5 Likes

Beaten to Top 4 by a coach who’s only been in the job since November and took over a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

A coach that some here claim to have been out performed by Arteta.

1 Like

It would have been very good to have 22/23 as a make or break year for the coach - That would have been a really fair way to play it out