Super Mik Arteta

Absolutely ridiculous the setup against Spurs. We just needed a draw from that game. Everyone was calling for Arteta to park the bus. Instead we opened the field up with the tactic of Holding handling Son ffs.

3 Likes

Feels a bit Unai-esque.

Big worry is that once we lost those three in a row and the window for fourth looked closed, we reel off four wins and as soon as the pressure cranked up, the team folded.

I don’t even know what the plan was tonight. Looks like the players didn’t either. Subbing on Lacazette? Why?

I mocked Rodgers for throwing away UCL two years in a row but Arteta just did the same thing. Did we have guys injured? Sure. But it was his job to figure out how to make his roster (a roster he shaped) work.

It’s great we have European football next year but the way this season ended and the way we managed the squad makes it a failure. Maybe that’s harsh but it is what it is.

1 Like

Many of you keep slamming big Weng for his slaughtering of Arteta but by the looks he’s been right all along

We should’ve swapped him for the Conte or even Eddie Howe or Viera

This time and this spend and a couple of performances like that at the business end as well as the string of defeats before that to Palace and co

That was awful tonight. Like Newcastle had something to play for while we didn’t.

Fucking Kroenkes letting this shit go by.

9 Likes

What dont u understand about the situation? Of course that’s when the decision should have been made but this club dont give af and aren’t ambitious. The Flat brain dirt pounder himself came out and said “omg wow they handed me a contract off the back of 3 losses, that doesnt happen lel derpppppp” yeh bruh that shit dont happen at a serious club ur right, a real club sacks ur ass after finishing 8th 8th 5th after massive investment.

9 Likes

BigWeng you got your redemption, but unfortunately Arteta did not.

3 Likes

Exactly who I thought he was.

1 Like

He’s still a cunt

1 Like

Double Cup exit in January and still can’t produce 70 points or top 4.

He didn’t get all the games wrong tactically but Ornstein confirmed he played a huge role in what transpired in January.

1 Like

Just wait a few days Ronnie, the excuses will start to come out. We have the youngest team, its not easy to take over a team and completely rebuild, we are ahead of schedule blah blah.

Reality is Emery had 70 points and a decent enough foundation of a team to build on. The boot lickers will tell u it had to be completely blown up. Nah Arteta is just really shit at dealing with big personalities. We’ve got great players like Auba, Guendo, Saliba under contract with us playing for other teams. AMN and other doods were just given away when they could do a job. Imagine having AMN at LB or RB these past few games, the technical level of our team is up a few notches.

This is what I hate about Arteta ball, really had to sit there and watch my favorite team get master classed by an Eddie Howe managed Newcastle :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: Howe really schooled our scrub shitter manager that was an ass kicking :skull::skull::skull:

2 Likes

As I previously stated, the club has a huge confirmation bias with Arteta.

When I suggested offering a midseason extension was poor strategy people countered by saying if the board was going to extend him regardless. Can people see why that’s not a sound way to run a club? lol

Yes Arteta has made some positive gains on and off the pitch but there has to be a results based culture at the club ultimately. I thought no CL no new contract was a very reasonable position

Obtaining CL football was always the easy part of the project, if you can’t make it serious questions have to be asked

5 Likes

I don’t know how exactly BigWeng characterises Arteta. If it is clusterf*** I can’t agree with that, that’s the problem. I’ve always said a big step for me would be to separate Arteta from OGS, but I don’t think either are clueless managers, but it has also become clear that Arteta’s ceiling unlikely is Pep/Klopp level either.

Big Weng was getting slaughtered for disappearing like a pussy when we were doing well and then showing up to celebrate our bad moments/periods.

I have no problem with being Arteta out but celebrating our downfalls is odd.

4 Likes

Now I fully understand why you used the term “Artetasexuals”.

There is no reason to show the support that Arteta never deserved, unless you are really an Artetasexuals.

These people are probably ( I don’t remember and don’t give a shit) the same as saying Emery is shit and inferior to Arteta.

Now, you got the redemption, Emery got the redemption (4 EL, and a good CL run against Juventus and Bayern).

Only a cheap ass club would hand over a 3 year extension to a manager not yet secured the top 4 spot.

Shit owner, shit management.

6 Likes

What I don’t understand are the people like Pedro at Le Grove who will do anything to not criticize Arteta.

He blamed the whole loss on the players. Well what the fuck picked them? Prepped them? What plan were they executing?

I just don’t get it.

Also, he’s douchebag who hates overseas fans.

2 Likes

I had got myself so excited when we looked so strong for a CL place possibly even 3rd above Chelsea. It felt like my Arsenal was back and I’d started to enjoy watching them again and was thinking how I could start going regularly again.

Then 15 points out of 33 in the run in culminating in performances like that last night and against our biggest rivals last Thursday. The trouble is I knew last night was coming days before the kick off.

We never looked in it at all against Eddie Howes Newcastle and my balloon has burst in a big way as the illusion has come crashing down.

I had hoped Arteta was like a Ferguson at Utd and just needed time while he rebuilt this team. Last night I couldn’t see what he was trying to build at all. I have no desire to see 3 more years of this. He’s failed.

Next season with EL football tiring us out and Utd under new management, a strengthening Spurs and new mega rich owners at Newcastle and Chelsea I find it impossible to picture upwards progress for Arteta. Yet he’s just been extended for 3 more years as the owners double down on this failing project.

Over the Summer Josh Kroenke can give us his “be excited” bull shit again but right now I wonder why I support this team now it’s owned by his wretched vampire dad. Where is the realistic hope for us to be relevant as a top team again?

7 Likes

Not sure he has my support atm… :grimacing:

You just can’t look that flat, so deflated, in such a season defining game. Unacceptable. They looked a class above us.
You can make a mistake here and there but we just looked so WEAK…

6 Likes

What’ll happen is they’ll double down on Arteta and youth for now and concede it has failed with this project in 2-3 years time.

Then it’ll be a case of “ be patient with the new set up” come 2025.

5 Likes

There would have been just as much outcry now if it was extended…

I am hopeful the club extended the contract because they are actively working on summer signings.

“If somebody has created an expectation this year that no one in this room probably would talk about at the start of this season, it’s those players that are there. I will always defend them. But tonight that’s a really, really difficult thing to do.”

Hey man, shut the fuck up. If you’ll always defend them, then just do that. He wants to blame the players for not executing his plan so badly but even if Ødegaard was anonymous or Ramsdale kept going long, neither of them had the authority to sub fucking Lacazette on when we needed a goal.

1 Like

You lot are so fucking depressing. Go outside

5 Likes