Super Mik Arteta

It’s so boring.

Fucking hell. Even the win at Old Trafford wasn’t even anything special. Pogba doesn’t have a brain fart and its another boring 0-0.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK !

2 Likes

Lol Özil still nearly leading the list in only 18 games, that’s a decline Özil also.

3 Likes

The empty stadiums doesn’t even make it feel real.

I don’t know if it’s just because of the pandemic but I was angry as fuck at this point last season the empty stadiums take any emotions out lol just feels like training exercises hearing him fucking shout LACA LACA ALLEZ ALLEZ on a constant loop no atmosphere no nothing it’s so dead.

I can’t even be bothered to be angry anymore just apathetic. I’ll watch the game we fuck up I’ll go meh and I’ll watch the next televised training session.

Where even are we in the league we must be as bad or worse as this point in November 2019?

1 Like

Chances is defined by like corners and shit so I think the numbers are actually a lot less impressive if u look at different metrics, but regardless, Arteta is aids to this club and any attacking player we have.

2 Likes

Seen people today mentioning Emery. Don’t know what placings are compared too then in the last season.
We are though still better than then. Marginally but still with room for some scope. Know doesn’t feel like that but it’s true. Smallest of acorns though.

1 Like

The only thing that’s better is the defense but I think Emery would have had a better defensive record with Gabriel starting every week instead of Mustafi.

I’m really not sure where Arteta goes from here. My big concern is he’ll look at this one game where Aubameyang played nominally central and we played like shit and convince himself that he was right about the formation the whole time. (Insert Principal Skinner .gif here. You know the one I’m talking about)

Throwing Pepe under the bus publicly is whatever. It’s not like Pepe was ever in his plans to begin with. He’s already shown himself to favor older players who follow instructions over players who have any creative impulses. He’s tied himself to win-now guys like Willian, Auba, Partey and Luiz but the future of this team is with Saka, Gabriel and Martinelli. I’m not convinced Arteta can coach the two attackers in a way that will take us forward.

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe we’re just one signing away from unlocking the whole puzzle. Maybe it’s Aoauar, maybe it’s Szoboszlai but this all feels like when we kept saying Emery’s team would click into place once he had the fullbacks he wanted.

Maybe we’ll go out and smash Molde 10-0 this week but it really doesn’t matter. Right now it doesn’t seem like there’s any direction to the plan.

3 Likes

Perhaps, but it is at least as much a testament to how tragically devoid of any creation we have as a team and the way we play.

We’ve scored 1 goal in our last 5 league games.

1 fucking goal.

Jesus fucking Christ. That is utterly abysmal.

3 Likes

I’m getting a little worried to be honest. I think Pepe sending off saved him a ton of criticism that was coming his way. Let’s be real here, we didn’t look like winning that game with 11 men. Leeds were the better side. The same lack of creativity, same 10 men behind the ball and just boring to watch. And we haven’t got a goal from outfield in 8 hours, that’s unacceptable imo.

I can’t see how he turns this around, he seems a very conservative manager with his tactics and team selections which isn’t a good sign for a young manager. He just seems frightened to take the risks cause he knows if he loses this job he won’t get another big time job for a long time. He knows how to say the right things in interviews to keep a lot of the fans onside, but he’s starting to come over to me like a used cars salesman, totally sells you on something then you find out the Car is the drizzling shits. I find his press conferences boring to listen too now cause he doesn’t deliver on his promises.

Honestly I said this before and many laughed it off, but if he doesn’t change this soon I could see us finishing outside the top 10. We are looking even more average. Anyone on here actually confident he can win the rest of the games this year not including the Europa League remaining games. I could see us losing quite a few more or drawing a lot in drab 0-0 games. It’s getting to that level that I think Arteta will end up a decent mid table manager but will never live up the hype some have for him.

6 Likes

Good post.

I think AbouCuellar wasn’t far from the truth when he cheekily labelled him the Basque Mark Hughes

3 Likes

If we haven’t already reached we’re getting close to the final Emery tenure level of performance. With difference being back then our defence looked second best against literally any attack vs now our attack looks second best against literally any defence.

1 Like

It appears we have just played an expensive version of whack a mole here swapping shambolic defensive structure for hopelessness going forward. Worrying that we’ve spent a lot on the team in the meantime and the youngsters including Tierney are a year on development wise and mostly fit.

Undeniably there is a real rot at the club that has set in deeper than ever and this team assembled at great cost looks a bottom half of the prem if not a championship team at best.

I went to bed last night in a rage (I know it’s only football!!) and woke up in one. Literally going nuts after supporting Arteta and thinking for a while he might be good. What an idiot I was to hope he’d be good after all after initially not being happy we’d appointed a rookie.

He’s lucky it’s coronavirus time as the atmosphere at the Emirates would’ve been completely vitriolically mad by now with empty seats by the thousands in addition.

How the fuck we let Klopp sail by when Wenger was clearly past it is beyond me. Then Rodgers too (not so good but a mile better than what we’ve had here in years). It wasn’t popular on here because he’s a prize prick but I even would’ve taken the toxic one for a few years rather than let Scum catch him under our noses while Dick Emery floundered. Then Ancelotti sailed by and Allegri and Poch remain available as well as all those top coaches in a job we could’ve tried to snatch like Simeone and co. Even the guy at Wolves is light years ahead of Arteta who should’ve learned his trade in the championship first like Lampard did.

This is just too big a job to risk on a completely untried rookie. We would’ve been better keeping Ljunberg for the balance of last season than doing what we did.

If we carry on like this against Wolves and Scum which seems inevitable then Vinai must grow his balls and quickly replace with a top draw coach with a top draw track record like Levy did at Scum last year. By now he should have a top target identified and ready to step in and should’ve warmed up Lewis and the Kroenkes to the inevitable change that must come sooner rather than later.

Come on Arsenal. Show some fucking ambition and hire a manager who matches our magnificent tradition.

6 Likes

He could have been Pep 2.0

Instead he is Emery 2.0

It is what it is. I have stopped getting riled up by Arsenal. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Don’t forget though we have never brought in a world renowned manager.
It’s a totally new thing for us. So many things have changed in football since Arsenal were a good team.
Wenger protected and in the end hindered these situations being addressed.
We bought ffp rules when most knew it wouldn’t work. Went down that whole English core thing.
We changed systems at the Emirates to a total possession game but almost importantly abandoned players with opinions. We became project fc it’s ultimately why we failed.
Board went along with it as it was easy and put full trust in Wenger.
Tbf had some merit on the first few years at the Emirates but clearly started falling and we dropped away from challenging and regressed. Ended badly and where struggling to even reach the awkward transition period yet.
We really do need leaderships to come from the owners now.

5 Likes

I think Wenger had very good success with Monaco and Grampus 8 so although not a big name had pedigree. Also didn’t mighty Herbert Chapman do well at Huddersfield before managing us?

2 Likes

Well I meant modern day. Wenger was not as big a name in world football though as a Sacchi, Trappatoni name and many more of that era.

1 Like

And chances created only considers who plays the pass before a shot is taken. Özil often created openings with the penultimate pass. Arsenal don’t have anyone doing that regularly.

1 Like

I think Emery’s much better than Arteta…

1 Like

I always thought it was quite cool to have had some of our title/trophy winning managers of the past be former assistants, goalkeeping coaches or medics with the club from stories I’ve heard… felt innovative.

This current appointment would have the same energy especially if Arteta goes on to succeed, but the league is so unforgiving. Whilst he is figuring some things out, the results are leaving us behind and won’t buy him the time he needs to keep growing.

2 Likes

You are funny. This club is a dumpster fire, Arteta is going nowhere. He’s gonna have a lot of time to figure things out. He’ll be our manager starting next season as well.

1 Like