Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

Someone sat relaxed in a chair should be able to spot the obvious :grin:

2 Likes

That’s a different issue though. Take VAR out of this game and people will feel less frustrated. Bin the machine. Simple.

1 Like

It’s the human error destroying it bro. Look at goal line technology, all technology, no input from these incompetent refs, 99/100 times the decision is perfect.

3 Likes

Nobody disputes goal line technology though. Your re writing rules by the week because of VAR because common sense isn’t allowed to be given on a screen.

I think at this point every decision should not be reviewed.

Give each team a couple reviews like cricket because this is getting ridiculous. Leaving it at the discretion of these morons isn’t working.

3 Likes

Yes and no. The biggest issue for me is the conflation of the actual rules of the game. There are going to be judgment calls, because there are times where things on the pitch are not always black and white. VAR really highlights the inconsistencies. If you want to institute var it simply will not work under the current rules, either needs to be entirely rewritten or just allow for the refs to make the snap judgement calls they’ve always made.

1 Like

The rules and the inconsistencies perpetrated therein are all part of the human aspect though.

People act like the officiating system wasn’t a broken mess before VAR, all VAR is doing is highlighting the absolutely incompetent nature of the FA and the rules of the game which are so disingenuously enforced.

It’s like putting a chimpanzee behind a typewriter and blaming the typewriter because Shakespeare’s work wasn’t reproduced.

4 Likes

I don’t think Var is the problem. It’s Riley and what looks like a load of awful decisions going unpunished

They can’t drop Kevin Friend for good after his awful decision today though because there is a shortage of top refs going for the jobs available

If they professionalise the job properly var will be used properly but it’s only as good as the PG tips chimpanzees using it right now.

Avez vous un cuppa!!!

2 Likes

VAR won’t be utilised correctly until this older generation of referees dies out. Eventually we’ll bring in a crop of officials who want to rely on the system unilaterally and remove the ego from the decisions. We need to reshape the rules and make them easier to enforce consistently, that’s on the FA.

However far too many of these cunt referees think their word is law and went to have the final say whether that is correct or not. I remember when Clattenburg signed for a talent agency, that right there is part of the problem.

I don’t want to even know the referees name anymore than I want to know that of the ball boy, I just want someone who can make a simple decision based on common sense, logic and the rule book that he should be versed in. Take the power and ego away from the refs and put the emphasis on technology, if this happens in 10 or so years no one will be complaining about VAR.

The transition really should only be 3-4 years of the FA wasn’t a boarderline corrupt and archaic institution.

2 Likes

You can go back to my initial posts on the topic when VAR was being introduced and I told ya that the human aspect wouldn’t go away even with the introduction of using the replay. It’s why imo I said we should just stick with the refs decisions because it will just slow down the game and the wrong decisions will still be made anyways lmaooo. Football was much more fun when it wasn’t bogged down by this trash. If there’s a black and white call like a ball going over the line, fine use technology, but just leave the rest out.

1 Like

FIFA

2 Likes

The players are all on their social media complaining about VAR right now. The problem is we created way too little in the match. Arteta can try to hide behind the missed handball but he still doesn’t have any clue how to get this team functioning in attack on a consistent basis. He was too quick to lean into Willian, made bad subs again and, sure, got burned by an individual error but you get what you deserve by consistently starting a total and complete moron like Xhaka every week.

3 Likes

We created enough to win though. Even without the penalty appeal we had some golden chances. The Saka miss and hitting the post spring to mind immediately. We should have won that game.

Poor officiating has cost us about 10 points this season. Obviously we can’t just rely on the ref, but equally they shouldn’t be hindering us with wrong calls either.

3 Likes

Arsenal being shit and VAR being shit are two entirely separate discussions in my book tbh.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Saka miss and the Pepe miss really stick out for me.

But the best teams create way more. Look at how many chances Liverpool (last season) throw away or City. It doesn’t matter because when they play a hoofball team like Burnley they can go wave after wave in attack. We felt too meh from about the 20th minute to the 80th.

2 Likes

IMG-20210306-WA0029

11 Likes

I’m not happy it wasn’t given because if it was the other way around it sure as hell would have been given.

I think one was given against Chambers in similar fashion in Wenger’s last season :grin:

Edit, here it is

Fucking Mike Dean and his bullshit decision :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::grin:

4 Likes

Can always rely on Colin for a sound bite. Referees have too much protection. He even says he’ll probably be fined for speaking out, but what is he supposed to do when you can’t even approach the ref for explanations?

6 Likes

I went to that game. Sanchez’ last goal for us.

Not an entertaining game. About the most entertainment we got was a bird being ejected for taking a swig of alcohol out of a glass bottle.

4 Likes