Mesut Özil

He “retired” as “professional” football player for a couple of years already

Yeah, that’s true :grin:

Still one of my favourite days of the past decade as an arsenal fan

6 Likes

Felt like winning a trophy.

1 Like

Took so long for this to sink in lol. Couldn’t believe we’d signed him and for £42m too

2 Likes

Strange how most of us Arsenal fans were so excited when we signed Ozil. This was when I was back in my home country and I’d stayed up till 3 in the morning just to see the official confirmation. Crazy how it went a bit sh*te in the end.

2 Likes

Remember his set-up on his debut v Sunderland?

The man was just oozing class to begin with.

5 Likes

Walcott missing twice when put through on goal by Özil…a sign of things to come.

1 Like

Odegaard has 10 years to catch up

1 Like

Ozil signing for us is a top 5 Arsenal moment for me. Barely slept that night.

We bought one of the world’s best players in his prime.

4 Likes

I think Ozil typified a lot of what was bad about Arsenal before Arteta cleared out the toxic prim donnas.

We’re so much more likeable as a team now these toxic boys are gone.

Ozils new contract was a financial disaster resulting in him getting paid off eventually and not worth a penny on the transfer market. The output from that deal on the pitch was a joke.

And he became worthless in the end with no top league team willing to take him on for good reason too. You’d have to be very myopic to turn a blind eye to that part of his time with us.

Not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as most of our league winning squad members between 1989 and 2004.

3 Likes

I imagine you think he deserved the attempted robbery that he and Kolasinac escaped.

1 Like

Where did I say that?

1 Like

It would just be consistent.

1 Like

I don’t think you read my posts properly

I have previously said

“I obviously don’t condone any criminal acts whatsoever and would like to see the perpetrators locked up”

But imagine what you like if that makes you happy

1 Like

@Leper working on the structuring of the reply.

1 Like

FIFY :grinning:

I’m curious then, was Ozil picking up his wages also morally more unacceptable than the useless tests who tried to rob him and Kolasinac?

I have a very poor view of Ozil especially after his contract renewal.

As far as I understand he turned up to training on time though and for matches he was selected for so he fulfilled his agreement.

You seem unable to recognise my statement that robbery is never condoned?

But in any event I thought you’d stated that my posts weren’t worth taking seriously so I don’t understand why you keep engaging with me. Is it that you aren’t able to live up to your commitments and do what you say in normal life too?

Emery wanted Ozil out and Arteta fell out of love with him. Granted, he brought a lot of this on himself and has been shit post Arsenal. I’m just upset that we didn’t utilise his peak years by having an elite attack. Sanchez, yes, but putting Ozil in team with the likes of Walcott, Giroud, Podolski, Gervinho and Joel Campbell is unforgivable.