Mesut Özil

So he definitely sounds worse than a violent criminal in your book then!

Your statement that robbery is never condoned is clearly just an attempt to row back on your laughable take on Auba’s robbery so it doesn’t really merit consideration. As you said, taking you seriously went out the window with your view of the Aubameyang robbery so your “statements” don’t really matter.

Its absolutely worth highlighting your ridiculous opinion again here, and your attempt to take a swipe at my “normal life” is pretty feeble.

Probably less feeble than you trying to put words in my mouth or distorting what I say and btw my quote was in the Aubamayang thread. So I’m not rowing back from anything.

I’m perfectly happy if you choose not to engage with me if you don’t like what I have to say.

I think there is a middle ground here! There is no doubt that the Ozil at Real and for the first 2-3 years at Arsenal was a superb player. Should have been out the door after Germans 2018 World Cup exit. Stuff like his performance in the Baku final still Piss me off though.

I think most fans rate his pre new contract phase. My son used to rave about him. So I definitely agree with you there Logan.

I was not keen for his contract extension and had mixed feelings about his initial period but I’m in a minority on that I think. He did used to impress me with his early international career though. He just went downhill badly for some reason- probably just lost a yard of pace or maybe a bit of hunger or maybe the game just changed with more pressing play needed. It’s hard for me to identify why he went so badly down.

I think my problem is having watched the likes of Bergkamp, Henry and Viera it’s very hard for any players to impress by comparison. So I was spoilt by watching them in person from the 1980’s live and supporting them from the early 70’s when just a kid.

3 Likes

That Europa League final game… That was one of the worst performances put together from Arsenal player I’ve seen in the last 20 years, He was shame that night
Freddie did, he called Özils frame of mind dishonourable various times. Arsène was the last coach to get the beat out of Ozil. But even Arsène didn’t play him in most away games. Ozil became washed after he got a new deal. But I also think the 2018 cup also finished him mentally with football. He became a Someone who sits back while getting his big wages contributing nothing themselves… Emery benched him, Freddie benched him too. Off the field Ozil…the only reason Ozil really has a club now is because he is good friends with Erdoğan.

3 Likes

was below expectations. He left Fenerbahçe football club and went to Başakşehir.

Take that Auba!!
:ozil:

2 Likes

he’s not allowed to say YaGunnersYa anymore

7 Likes

Has anyone seen the recent quotes from his agent?
Very positive towards Arsenal and Arteta. He even vouched for young players to work under Arteta and play for Arsenal, threw shade at Auba and revealed Ozil and Saka are pretty close.

Nice to see.

Yeah mate we did. Got rightly panned for being an insincere cunt.

5 Likes

Yeah he’s a disingenuous weasel

4 Likes

Who cares?

1 Like

Ozil :goat:

Mesut!!

Mesut’s agent is the one carrying the touch for his Arsenal affiliation. I doubt Özil gives a fuck tbh

Imagine Mesut with this front line fml. We made him play with dog shit.

1 Like

Odegaard has been more consistent, willing to press and equally creative.

Would you really replace him with Ozil?

Not right now as Ozil is finished but in his prime hell yeah

Meh, he’d probably miss half our games with a sore back

1 Like

And then tweet YaGunnersYa when we win and he didn’t play

2 Likes