Mesut Özil

Interview with Monreal in which he mentions that Ozil fell out with Wenger at the end. I had forgotten about how Ozil didn’t play toward the end of that season, everything was so focused on Wenger and his future at that time.

The guy secured the bag then let his conditioning go to shit and fell out with three different managers in less than two years.

“Ozil’s problem is that he had problems with everyone,” shrugs Monreal. “It ended badly with Wenger, he didn’t play the last few games with him, then Emery tried to bring him back and make him our leader."

“To begin with, he gave him a lot of confidence and Mesut played a lot, but the coach understood there were other teammates who were in better condition. Ozil was one of the best players in the team, one of the best paid, but they saw he wasn’t at the level required."

6 Likes

Can’t wait for @Trion to explain how that’s all Monreal’s fault

4 Likes

That is damning for sure.
I however never denied that Ozil was a dick.

1 Like

Oh snap, just saw the quotes from Monreal. That is damning.

I remember reading all about how Wenger gave Ozil special privilege when he first came here and really did everything to accommodate the player. Sure at first it might have looked like good man management but essentially Wenger molly coddled Ozil far too much and ended up with a fucking man child baby. You reap what sow, maybe the Ozil blame lies with Wenger all along.

4 Likes

And now we come back to this.

Tbh Mourinho probably is the kind of skilled man manager that would know that Ozil needs to be handled differently to some other players, but also probably wouldn’t hesitate to tell Ozil he’s being a cunt in front of the rest of the squad in the dressing room at full time if it was warranted.

2 Likes

So Wenger ostracised Mesut Özil, huh? The ethically challenged bastard smh

2 Likes

So why wouldn’t you accept that he was very possibly (even most likely) excluded from the squad for being a dick alongside the drop in his footballing perfomance meaning that with the two together meaned he no longer justifed his place?

Because the timelines don’t match. Started pre lockdown, outcasted post lockdown.

No football during lockdown, thereby no footballing reason

Arteta was being a shield for the upstairs guys who wanted Ozil gone

Surely it is all water under the bridge now. Both Ozil and Auba are gone. We move on.

8 Likes

Great name, great profile pic, great first post.

Welcome!

1 Like

You’ll find a few haven’t moved on from Auba yet and lick his arse with every goal he scores for the Catalan cunts :sweat_smile:

Welcome!

5 Likes

@ me you :tr:

4 Likes

Interesting, so apparently Monreal’s quotes were misinterpreted?
When he was talking about problems he was referencing his injuries, lol.
And he’s apparently back in Fener’s squad too.

Fucking hell, what a fuck up. :rofl:

2 Likes

I am back baby

1 Like

I find it interesting how Ozil is still such a hot topic of discussion. :sweat_smile:

Never expected Monreal would be that harsh, and luckily he wasn’t

Who said that…Nacho?