Mesut Özil

3 Likes

Phew, that’s good, he was my favourite player since RVP.

Seriously though, here are the quotes that piece things together:

Ozil’s problem is that he had problems with everyone,”
It ended badly with Wenger, he didn’t play the last few games with him, then Emery tried to bring him back and make him our leader.
“To begin with, he gave him a lot of confidence and Mesut played a lot, but the coach understood there were other teammates who were in better condition."
“As a person, he was good with everyone, but he also missed a lot of games through injury.”

Btw, bit cheeky from 442 to release this on its own without context on what was asked. Like, was this an full interview or did someone from 442 just decide to message Monreal about Ozil in specific. The new issue doesn’t mention anything about this…

climbing into the debate very late in the day

But can it not also be for team cohesion if Ozil’s team mates felt slighted that he refused to join the team in agreeing the pay cut…You can see Arteta is seeking a cohesive team and wants everyone pulling in the same direction

Would it be a good thing to punish someone for not taking up an optional pay cut?

Without getting paid for his first 6 months…I wonder why

de ja vu

ezgif-4-d77efdb0ca

3 Likes

I’m getting paid, and there’s fuck all you can do about it.

2 Likes

So happy this bellend is no longer our problem.

9 Likes

I find it sad how desperate he always is to maintain a positive image.

3 Likes

In his head, it seems admirable but I don’t think forcing yourself on a club is particularly admirable when you can find a solution.
No one is happy in such scenario.

1 Like

He knows it’s not admirable he’s just protecting his public image

5 Likes

Ozil the player is so far distanced from Ozil the man.

Özil in exile once again. The new Fenerbache coach Jorge Jesus, wants nothing to do with him.

Made a pile of lolly, probably doesn’t give a fuck any way up. And after all that bollocks about Fenerbahce being his only love, boyhood dream, blah blah. Just shows you can have all the talent in the world but if you go around pissing off everyone you meet, well . . .

The cunt can’t help himself.

2 Likes

Needs to go somewhere and just play football and enjoy it. Only so many years you can play the game.
Thats Germany, Arsenal, Fenebache and its ended in him being disliked. You dont want that being your legacy.

2 Likes

I don’t think he gives a toss about that lol.

Could have given some measure of benefit of the doubt for how it ended at Arsenal, but his next job is now also ending with him giving it all that about how he will be seeing out his contract and won’t be leaving the club under any circumstances etc.

At this stage the guy cares about nothing more than securing the bag, playing football or protecting his legacy are afterthoughts, at best.

5 Likes

Whoop de fucking doo.

2 Likes