Mesut Özil

Bet you he won’t leave. All because someone done a reverse b1lnk

1 Like

To be fair, that would be the most literal way to put the respect back on his name.

Done!

6 Likes

Him, Ramsey and Santi are my fave players of the last decade. Absolute genius player. Gets a tough time from the pashun merchants and boomers but Mesut brought nothing but quality to our team and his stats back that up.

10 Likes

If only we had more players on the same wavelength as Santi, Ozil and Sanchez at the same time :grin:

4 Likes

Higuain would have been trash here. He was trash here just with Chelsea. People love to hit Ozil on soft factors like his mentality but you won’t find many softer players than Higuain. Cost Messi a Copa with Argentina and then snaked his way out of Napoli.

3 Likes

I think we would have got prime Higuain and in a Wenger team with Ozil I reckon he smashes it and then we would have sold him for a tidy profit.

3 Likes

Higuain was already finished by the time he joined Chelsea. If we got him at his peak we’d have been signing a world class striker regardless of how he bottles finals.

7 Likes

Prime Higuain is a different kettle of fish to the fat past it version who was at Chelsea

3 Likes

I think we would of done better signing Higuain over Ozil tbh. Imagine Santi feeding Higuain. That would of been tasty. Not a knock on Ozil, but signing Ozil meant we comprimised Santi. Basically

Santi+Higuain>Ozil+Giroud

Also if we got Higuain we could of got Fabregas and Alexis the following summer. That would of been possible.

…Higuain
Alexis…Walcott/Gnabry
…Santi
Fabregas…Coquelin

That’s sexy AF

4 Likes

I don’t know how you got that equation…
It can also be written like:
Ozil + Higuain > Santi + Giroud

His perfomances for Chelsea are the argument? Really?

@ronniec
We were never getting both Higuain AND Ozil that summer, it was one or the other.

He’s just saying we would’ve been better with Santi and Higuain, than we have been with Ozil and Guroud and I share the same opinion.

Talking about Santi… he wasn’t as good as Ozil as a pure number 10 at that time, but he was one of the best 2-3 number 10s in the league. That was literally THE position we definitely needed no upgrade.
And I’m sure a lot of people still remember how Santi struggled in the first couple of years when Ozil came here, playing on the wing… he never had the athleticism for that role. Until he reinvented himself as a CM.
And we also had Rosicky to come in when needed, Wilshere in somewhat decent form too…

An elite finisher like Higuain would’ve made a much bigger impact on that team than a creator like Ozil, easily.

I don’t actually agree, I consider Santi on par with Ozil. 12 goals and 11 assists in the PL as a number 10. Ozil never hit those heights bar 15/16

And it was probably a choice between Ozil and Higuain anyway. So in that sense you pick Higuain over Ozil

1 Like

100%

1 Like

Not only is he a former player, he’ll achieve more than 97 % of players that represent this club, the lack of disrespect is mind boggling to say the least.

7 Likes

In my humble opinion Santi was miles better than Ozil. If Santi had stayed fit we may have won that league title in front of Leicester

1 Like

A vintage violin must be shit because it cannot play heavy metal.

2 Likes

So fucking good that he ends up in Turkey. The rest of the footballing world has known for a few years.
Enjoy the fake farewell messages lads. Top of the cunt list will play you off one last time.

3 Likes

Sadly Santi couldn’t stay fit his last 3 seasons here and it hindered us massively, durability a huge factor in sportspeople.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with this but it’s bloody good. Take the like.

4 Likes

Maybe not vintage. But a violin is a violin :wink:

2 Likes