Mesut Özil

At risk of sounding like I’m the chewing club out for being productive, I can’t help but feel this is too little too late.

1 Like

Weird but if it makes you happy lol

1 Like

Good that this chapter is finally ending.

We can move on from Arsenal being grade A classless cunts from atleast one aspect.

Ozil can’t :innocent:

2 Likes

This is disgusting behaviour :frowning:

Mesut being dragged through the mud

4 Likes

Be the first time he needs his kit washing then.

6 Likes

I think he is the 5th most followed footballer on Twitter? His reach is massive.

1 Like

That’s all the more impressive when you consider he’s basically ruled himself out of many many Chinese followers with his politics.

2 Likes

Will we still be paying his wages for another 6 months?

Loved the guy in his prime, but I actually can’t wait for him to fuck off and be completely forgotten. He’s been a distraction ever since he signed the extension. So fucking boring. Can’t wait for this to just be over, finally.

4 Likes

Artist :raised_hands:t3:

Been a joy to see Özil in the red and white.

Always making the right choices on the ball, the best touch, best vision, best forward pass, the most chances created, the best final ball and possibly the most natural number 10 around in the last 10-12 years.

Like @Flexo pointed out, no one like him in the modern game. Technical master.

6 Likes

Shame he was so mentally and physically weak and frail to make the most of it for us.

6 Likes

I doubt you can call someone as successful as Ozil mentally weak. Plus, if he was mentally weak he would have packed his bags as soon as the club wanted him to leave.
Nope, he stood his ground and bagged his crazy wages for 30 months, some of which he wasn’t even eligible to play. I mean really, Arsenal are still gonna pay him a shit load just for him to fuck off.

4 Likes

Rattled.

1 Like

Why the fuck is he asking the Tottenham manager that question what does he expect him to say?

Fucking football reporters get on my nerves with these stupid questions they constantly ask lol

8 Likes

Bit of a mischievous question from that reporter and he got exactly what he wanted haha

2 Likes

Looking for a click bait story because it’s quiet as fuck out there and the cunt got one.

1 Like

That’s a weak comeback for Mourinho tbf

Finally.

Signing him was such a waste. Great player but barely ever used properly here.

We would’ve been much better if we got Higuain who was available for 35M that summer if I’m not mistaken. I think even Wenger publicly admitted when we were in the middle of the Suarez saga, when he was optimistic about him… :wenger2: …how we were on that case but decided to give up on him when we found out about Suarez’ situation. Brilliant move :+1: :+1: :+1:

Then they just got Ozil in the last minute in order not to look like absolute penises after wasting the whole summer on Suarez when he wasn’t available anyway. :wenger2:

There was never a plan to build a team around Ozil obviously. Again, not signing Higuan in the first place was THE mistake of that summer.

Yeah I’ll never get over that summer… :bellcry: :bellcry: :bellcry:

And no, there isn’t a trace if hindsight here, I was writting the same stuff in 2013, at that time I just left a tiny possibilty maybe there is some plan…

I don’t even have to mention his latest contract renewal… again, just a desperate attempt to keep the fans quiet, especially after losing Alexis. His decline on the pitch was already more than obvious, we only signed the brand “Ozil”, as a player he was never going to justify that.

But even there, he could’ve made a significant ipact in these last few years, including now, if the manager was prepared to adjust his expectations to Ozil’s declining athleticism - giving him the right role -playing him centrally, and rotating him when he wasn’t fresh. Giving him the role Bergkamp roughly had in his last years. Emery played him on the wing mostly… Arteta was actually the first manager who used him properly, in the right role (as a 10, surrounded with pace), and Ozil actually did decent at that time. We can only speculate what really went wrong during the lockdown.

Goodbye Mesut :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Personally speaking, I’m not really a fan of moving threads to new parts of the forum until things are 100% official, but seeing as that’s already happened I’ve decided that his new home should at least be in the “Former Gunners” section.

I’m not the bloke’s biggest fan over the past couple years, to put it mildly, but I think we can at least put that minimal level of respect on his name and recognise that he is in fact a former player of ours lol.

10 Likes

While you’re at it, give him his umlaut back!