Mesut Özil

He is the biggest beneficiary of charity… at least he is “paying it forward” lol.

He won’t make it in MLS. He’s not a big enough draw to big time it like Zlatan and refuse to play on turf or skip out on cold weather games. He’s also not young enough to ball out like Vela or Josef Martinez.

End of the day if we’re not playing him no point keeping him. With his talent he should be an undisputed starter every game and now he’s not even on the bench.

3 Likes

I don’t see Ozil agreeing to a reduction in his wage and I doubt that the MLS financial structure would allow for such a salary. If he goes to the MLS, it will be after his contract with Arsenal ends.

As much as I enjoyed watching him play here, the last few seasons have been a disaster. I hope that he is elsewhere next season, with Arsenal paying a big chunk of those wages. Surely, Ozil isn’t content to just sit on bench or not even make the team here for another year.

2 Likes

Why would next year be any different to the last 2?

3 Likes

I honestly thought that was two candles on his table. Let’s put it to a vote.

• Candle
  • Juice

0 voters

I don’t need to enlarge the picture and can tell it is not “candle”.

Do you put decoration candles that close to the table/desk edge?

Juice makes more sense by the way they put the glasses.

Haha yeah I know its juice but it absolutely looks like candles aswell :joy:

2 Likes

First glance it looked like scented candles to me (like cherry blossom and passionfruit scents) but the lack of wick made me realise that it’s juice

1 Like

Look at the leaning technique from Ozil there.
Magnifique!

Even drinking juice he’s clearly the laziest bastard in the squad

3 Likes

Dont understand why is he not playing.

He was great before corona. Not sure what has changed now.

We continue to be shit in buildup and creativity. Why doesnt he play him doh

Because Arteta doesn’t like his attitude.

He was average. At best.

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Ozil doing Ozil things, at his worst. :clap::clap:

2 Likes

7 years flown by in the blink of an eye :weary:

but hEs Lazy aNd DoEsNt dRiBbLe PaSt DeFeNdErS derrrpppp :joy::joy:

Honestly good luck finding someone as good and technically astute as Özil. Meanwhile Joe Willock getting his minutes and the dood can barely kick a fucking ball. This is why I’m not on the Arteta train yet because he keeps picking these high energy guys with no talent and the product on the field continues to be shit. But hes lauded for being a shittier Mourinho lelelel I don’t get it

It’s not about his skill. Ozil is still head and shoulders above all of our squad.

Arteta is basically building a culture here. What he says goes. If you aren’t going to bend over backwards for the team, then you’re out. If you’re attitude and ethos stinks, then you’re out.

Arteta doesn’t care if you’re the highest paid player or a 20 year old wonderkid, he will happily fuck you off.

As much I love watching Ozil, I trust Arteta above all.

4 Likes

Mid table team culture.

1 Like