Mesut Özil

rank your top 7 least favourite Arsenal players

Is that because he wears a beard better than you? :wink:

1 Like

Giroud, Ramsey, Adebayor, Ashley Cole, Xhaka and probably RVP.

@Phoebica Haha, its genuinely just because (through no fault of his own) he was given way too many opportunities.

2 Likes

No hate for Gallas!?

Add Cuntegras to that list

I just didn’t really care for him enough. Gallas arrived from Chelsea and went to Spurs afterwards. I never really took to him as an Arsenal man but it was as good a swap deal as we could have hoped for in that we got a top quality defender in the Cole deal so I was at least grateful for that. I think he gave some damn good performances in defence.

Very dislikable guy though.

You can add him to your list. I see no reason to add him to mine :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I mean the first known case in France was late December, imagine devout Christian family man Giroud coming back from Christmas holidays to the UK and actually being the one who dragged it into the UK :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Wouldn’t put it past him to be a passive carrier given his World Cup performances

His World Cup winning performance, you mean?

That’s pretty close to what I’d have, although I would swap RVP out and have Denilson and maybe Gallas for Giroud.

I don’t dislike Giroud as a player but I do dislike that he replaced the best striker in the PL and was our starting striker for so many seasons, playing in a team with two of the best midfielders in Europe.

It’s not his fault he isn’t an elite player, it’s the fault of the club for persisting with him.

1 Like

Olivier Giroud would have been considered an excellent signing if he’d been bought and used as a back up/rotation guy, which would be appropriate for his talent and playing style.

But instead he was our first choice for about twelve years.

12 Likes

If we’d kept RvP and signed Giroud, that would actually have been a great frontline/backup striker/Plan B.

Giroud would probably have been seen more in the light of Wiltord and who knows maybe we’d have even won more.

1 Like

Since we’ve moved to the Emirates we seem to have had great strikers and midfielders but never in the same team.

We had RVP when our midfield was poor, then we sold him and bought two average strikers Giroud and Podolski, but then some great midfielders, Ozil and Sanchez, as well as Cazorla.

We’ve now got a great striker, Aubameyang, playing alongside the worst group of midfielders I’ve seen at the club.

The only positions that have been of a consistent quality are the defenders, they’ve always been poor.

But I’m sure the club will sort it out because after next season, when Aubameyang has left, all the first team players will be of similar quality and we’ll have a team stacked full of only mediocre players. :grinning:

2 Likes

So the guy that set the PL assist record with Giroud as his main target wouldn’t be able to pick out the killer pass to all of that talent around him that the ‘04 team had?

Riveting tale, chap.

1 Like

All conjecture. You think he would have, many don’t think we would have done. The vast majority haven’t even thought about it.

I’m relatively certain that prime Wenger gets a lot out of prime Ozil. But who gives a fuck really…not me.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: to think Ozil would have had any more assists passing to someone other than Giroud.

No more conjecture than yours, think that mine at least has some logic behind it.

Ozil hasn’t done anything against Chelsea in the past. What good was he going to be against a better Chelsea side in 2004?

I second this, our midfield is shocking.