Mesut Özil

What does Xhaka do week in week out to have his name on the team sheet?

1 Like

By getting away with murder do you mean creative football? Because Emery definitely murders creative football

3 Likes

Again why does he not leave then.

Fire Emery, hire me. I can do exactly the same job and maybe even better.
No difficulties at all, and I am willing to take only 1/10 of his salary.

Pick the players that work hard during training.
Bench whoever I don’t like and not fit my style, not even necessary to find common ground with the player.
Pick a dumb ass who average a card a game as captain, and start him every game.

Why would he go? 350k per week, free money.
Call me ass hole or whatever, why would I leave if I am getting that much money and no need to work?

So why do you campaign so hard for a player who isn’t bothered if he plays or not.
It’s more of a hindrance for him to play if that’s his outlook.

1 Like

I did not.
I have said many times, sell him.
The problem is, we could not. Player not want to leave, and there is no taker.

It is the manager, and also the club, willing to pay him for “not playing”.
If I were Mesut, I would do exactly the same, and I believe many would do so.

If the manger doesn’t like you and you can’t turn things around, why bother?
The manager doesn’t bother to let you prove it on the field, then why bother?

Ozil never was the hardest worker on the team, no doubt about that, but I also don’t believe what Emery/Raul said he did not work “hard enough” to get on the team sheet.
I know how ugly it is when the club wants to get rid of him.

This is not only Mesut Ozil’s problem, it is also Emery/Raul/club’s problem on handling player(s).

Such a boring saga. Can’t wait to see him play in the next Europa final for some completely random reason.

I’m so over this saga, Ozil is just collecting his paycheck with little care and Emery is simply a bum manager.

8 Likes

Yeah, nah

If it wasn’t for the occasional bump of this thread, I’d even forget this lazy fuck is still being paid by us.

6 Likes

I still cannot get over the staggering incompetence of the Board to allow this contract to have been signed in the first place. There were major problems with Ozil before he re-signed with far too many inconsequential performances mixed in with some ocassional quality which hardly ever came against the top opposition. It was entirely foreseeable that they would create a huge problem by paying him £54m in salary in 3 years and making him by far the highest paid player in the club.

The other employees and players must sit there watching this situation and rolling their eyes at the staggering incompetence in the higher echelons of the club.

2 Likes

“We talkin bout practice man”

3 Likes

203 unread posts in this thread. Says it all really. Mesut can lick my hairy ass.

Xhaka must work hard in practice but still a bum on the pitch :joy:

2 Likes

This is complete hindsight. Everyone wanted Ozil and Alexis re-signed. You’d be the first to be bitching today if he left on a free and was doing good numbers in Italy

5 Likes

That assertion of yours is absolutely incorrect.

At the time I couldn’t understand his star player status and wanted him to go. I was gobsmacked when we gave him a new contract, all the more so when I heard the amount of his wages. I was calling it at the time. Not hindsight. All you had to do was watch his performances before signing the new contract to see he wasn’t worth it.

This Board of Directors cannot be trusted to know its arse from its elbow, whether it is choosing the correct head coach, deciding which player to buy as the most expensive transfer in it’s history, working out which players to retain or deciding which player to make the highest paid in the club by some distance. They can be trusted to get it wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

We have seen over a decade of steady decline in the quality of football we play on the back of it. Maybe they will stumble into some success at some point but I am not betting on it anytime soon unless a few of them have a brain transplant first.

1 Like

Bollox unless you can prove it with a post at the time

He was probably our best performing player just before signing the new deal :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Well he didn’t post here then so that’s not exactly fair is it?

2 Likes

He can post links to anywhere on the interwebz that are date stamped if he’s truthing