Mesut Özil

I wonder if we can con Man Utd into buying him.

3 Likes

Theyll put him on sanchez wages :henry2:

1 Like

If they’re going to take our shitters, I’d rather they take Emery off our hands.

2 Likes

Or both

1 Like

If it truly is the case that Özil has not been training at the level he should, then I back Emery on this one.

Özil might be the most talented player we have, but it sets a bad precedent within the squad if you let that guy off the hook. I might have a different view if Özil was killing it on the field when he was being played, but that is not the case at all. Wasteman on the training pitch and wasteman on the real pitch.

Seems like he’s just collecting his cheques and chillin.

10 Likes

Last season regardless if he played well he’d be benched anyway for the next game; so why would even bother after awhile?

1 Like

Because it’s his job lol?

The bare minimum for a footballer is to train properly and be available for selection. It’s literally their only job. And they get paid fucking ridiculous amounts for it.

It doesn’t matter at all if he doesn’t get picked. That’s irrelevant. He has to at least be training properly to be ready for selection.

It reminds of the time when Beckham announced that he would be leaving Madrid at the end of the season in 2007, and Capello dropped him instantly. Instead of being a little bitch about it like Özil (and it was actually far worse in Beckham’s case because this all went public in very explicit fashion), Beckham carried on training hard and actually got back in the team. Proved the manager wrong.

Özil has absolutely none of that backbone, or at least he’s shown none of it in the past 18 months. Teacher’s pet under Wenger but the new manager isn’t having any of it.

If he isn’t even training properly, it’s a piss take. Can’t even be bothered to make that minimal effort. Get this cunt on £350k/w out of my fucking club

14 Likes

So you mean like the two times he played well.

Big man Mesut really came through for us last year with his two league assists.

3 Likes

Lazy Mesut is just coasting here now. He probably misses when Wenger treated him like a son and let him get away with murder

He’s still getting away with it.

Being left out of match day squads doesn’t seem like a punishment for someone whose compeittive spirit is dead and buried.

2 Likes

Why does it have to be a punishment for him? It’s a reward for those who work hard in training.

Imagine what it must have felt like under Wenger when no matter how hard you try you’d be second best to lazy man Ozil.

There is the flip side of course that Xhaka gets a starting place because of this. Guck!

3 Likes

I am sorry but if you train, get picked then benched after a good performance, why would you bother? Why not just earn your money because whether you try or not same out come.

But we are doing absolutely great with the current setup right?

If you’re a top player you want to be out there on the pitch wrecking shop every game , that just doesn’t seem to be part of Ozils make up anymore.

To top players being left out of match day squads would sting and be almost unbearable so akin to punishment whereas Ozil is like cool let me fire up Fortnite.

3 Likes

We played like absolute dogshit with him in the squad too, so moot point

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with that, he doesn’t care. I’m glad more and more people have seen through that finally.

2 Likes

Gazidis is such a moron.

So you want to play that much you voice your concerns manager, press. Not been shy at doing that in the past with Germany. Still get a raw deal after all that you ask to leave surely.
Don’t add up the poor little me line.

If your a manager doesn’t play you whether you play good or not in the first year; then the next year you can’t even make the bench.

I don’t completely by that shit about training hard enough, when clowns like Xhaka makes the team every week even when he plays shit.

1 Like