Mesut Özil

Özil still created a shit load of chances last season. Lellelele hilarious that we’ve got a technically astute guy like Özil and the fans want rid. I guess we really don’t mind competing with the likes of Wolves and Leicester next season.

4 Likes

The problem is he doesn’t do it all the time.

Ehh he was practically tied with Mkhitaryan and Iwobi, more keypasses but lower quality in the chances created

Are we talking per 90, or overall. Özil barely played last season. He’s wasted on Emery is the long and short of it tbh.

Yeah… If it was up to me I’d get rid off him if there’s any chance, even if it’s for a symbolic fee… but most probably we will have him in the squad next season, so we can only hope he can bring something…
No matter how catastrophic he was last season, and even if in some games he seemed to have lost the ability to run properly, you know the fucker still has a special talent in him… If he can somehow have a decent preseason, get as fit as he can atm, maybe he can still squeeze like a half of a season of proper football out of himself. I’d be more than than happy with that.

1 Like

p90

And his underlying numbers aren’t that different(just slightly worse) that those of 16/17, give Ozil a less stop-start of season and giving the benefit of the doubt that his play would improve or even keep the same level, I would say he would have tied the number of that season.

And that wouldn’t call that good value for what we are paying him.

Yeah we’ll I’m not gonna argue about his wages but looking at the stats he made the most key passes on the team overall numbers (45) and he only played in 24 matches. He’s actually also our best chance converter at about 85% finishing. 5 goals for us and he was first in the entire PL in finishing his chances. The guy is still talent wise probably our best player and it’s entirely on Emery to figure out how to use him.

Maybe we should really think about dumping the 10 role and playing him deeper and letting him roam in that Ramsey role.

He’s still a very creative player but it’s not like he would get much better, the 19 assist season looks more like a freak event. Last season looks very similar to 16/17 and 17/18 looks very similar to his first season here.

He scored double his xG so his goalscoring stats must be of the table.

1 Like

If he had a better attitude yeah keep him but he seems to want to fight with the coaches and manager not really wanna work and doesnt seem to give a shit about the club or the team he just looks miserable and sulky and he will just bring everyone down! He cares more about his social media status than working for the team! I wonder why he has turned like this ever since the world cup incident he just doesnt look like he likes football anymore at very least not where he is!

1 Like

Just to clarify, Mesut scored 83% of his shots on goal (2nd in the PL) and finished 45% of his chances total (1st in the PL). I think he will get better if he’s set up in a position to succeed. Currently our manager isn’t doing that. Our attack is to bomb down the wings…and that’s it.

4 Likes

Don’t really care that much about attitude, but showing a bit more energy would help getting through his bad moments. I’m more concerned about his overall fitness, age and that egregious salary.

But a loan like the one rumoured just doesn’t do it for me. We would still pay a lot but get not much in exchange.

@BigWeng_4LYFE Maybe in a different structure he would get more chances but with more chances it’s more likely he would return to the norm and get 5-7 maybe 8-9 in a really good goalscoring season for him.

1 Like

Apparently we wont be paying anything they are getting a sponsor it has been said if reports are to be believed that will cover the wages i think it is one of the things we require i guess

1 Like

If someone is paying most of his wage I don’t mind him moving on, but if we’re still covering a fair chunk of it then we just may as well keep him.

2 Likes

Personally, I won’t be holding my breath over this one.

He ain’t going nowhere. Loaning him to Fener just to cut some of his wages off our bill is dumb.
Ozil is probably outlasting Emery so he’ll have another go with a different manager too.

3 Likes

Lol! I guaranfuckingtee you he aint. Any of you that think emery is going anywhere are gonna have a shock to take you! The whole staff are close to emery and are there to help emery and know emery and buy into how emery wants to run the team! The board love him and his vision and edu has previous with him raul gets along with him! He is getting a new contract whether you like it or not…if you dont you are gonna have bitch and moan for another few years minimum!

1 Like

He’ll suddenly drum up alot of interest on the final year of his contract and he’ll go for nothing to a club like Inter.

2 Likes

Tbh I wouldn’t be suprised if both Emery and Ozil were gone in 12 months

Nah no way is emery gone after 2 seasons when has arsenal ever operated in that fashion! Barring of course catastrophic failure! What is the point of bringing in a new manager slowly building the squad to the signings he wants to play his way barely get passed getting the squad assembled then get someone else in who wants a whole new set of players! I’m telling you guys now emery will be renewed i am 100% sure the only way it doesnt happen is if this season is an absolute catastrophe!

Out of curiosity what sort of positional finish do you think Emery needs to get a 3rd season ? The way you’re talking it sounds like as long as we finish top 10.

3 Likes