Mesut Özil

that would be interesting… cause Ozil did scored more than both of them, and scored some beautiful goals for us also.

1 Like

Yes, a very regrettable situation.

2 Likes

Instead of life term, would the MODS consider a one-year or two-year suspension instead??

1 Like

The article suggest the Palace game was the turning point, and that after that Emery really had a problem with Ozil, can anyone with a better memory confirm confirm whether Ozil’s appearances or minutes played stats back this up?

What did Drayton (Think I remember him) do or is it all hush hush now?

If this is the truth, @Feche, I don’t think Emery would have any problems playing him between now and a potential sale.

It can go either of 2 ways. He either sulks and stamps his feet on the pitch like that rat bastard Oxlade Chamberlain, or he plays at his normal level/exceeds it and puts himself in the shop window (a la Ramsey)

Given that Ozil has more quality in his small toenail than Oxlade Chamberlain has, (and also given that we clearly need the players in an injury ravaged squad), this could be a favourable situation for us

I thought he was quite good that season… Very possible my memory fails me and I’ve forgotten whatever it is you’re referencing!

There was one game. It was actually uploaded on here by someone. If memory serves me correct, it was at Wembley. There was sideways passing going on and he unprofessionally stamped his feet

Inappropriate picture

1 Like

I really don’t like this idea.

One of manager’s job is to communicate with players and work things out.
You don’t sell just because the performance in less than half of a season (with injuries).

Manager should talk to the player, convince them to his philosophy and tactics, and work it out together.

Anybody can be the manager if you sell a player that easily.

1 Like

At the same time isn’t a manager supposed to have a clear philosophy and set up? If Emery knows already that Ozil won’t fit into his plans, why keep him around?

I’m not advocating for selling him in January but I don’t know if it’s necessarily a bad thing to have Emery make up his mind about Ozil already. It will be up to Sven and Raul to figure out what to do next. I doubt it’s at the Mourinho/Pogba stage of “him or me” but for all we know Emery has made it clear to Raul that Ozil has no future in the team.

Be fair, I am not against the idea to sell, if Emery/club does have a philosophy and know what they are doing with a plan.
I don’t want to see they sell our best player (one of the), but then no planning to upgrade or replace or whatsoever but just wait and see who is available.

If Emery dare to say “Ozil has no future on the team”, then he better show us he can do a better job without him.
We are talking Mesut Ozil here, not just another player.

1 Like

This is my thoughts also, if Emery thinks Mesut Ozil is surplus to requirements we better have some quality lined up and he better take this team forward…

2 Likes

I know a guy who enjoyed it. :gunnersaurus:

5 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen
Let’s take a step back here and actually think what it must be like allegally earnings 300k a week ,
To us all that at could be 10 YEARS wages that Ozil is earning in ONE week !
I personally would play my ring out for that wages in 2 years let alone a week .
Ozil , sadly is everything wrong in a modern day footballer , money first , ability second!
Sell Ozil and get someone who wants to work for the shirt he is proud to wear !

3 Likes

I took a step backward, but think a step ahead…

Why not we just hand out lucrative contracts more carefully in the future?

We gave Ozil the contact, it is what it is. His name, also as a world cup winner, worth every single penny when we gave him the extension.
We can’t crucify him and criticize his contract because he play bad/not up to standard AFTERWARDS.

If you talk about performances not matching the value of contracts, look at Pogba and Sanchez. Those are wasted I call.

IMO, 300k per week for Ozil was/is the market value, underperforming or not.
We gave it to him, we eat it, and look forward and be more cautious.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s what some have suspected, it’s all on Özil.

If you buy into Emery’s way it’s all good and he can be a key player if not he’ll be gone.

Other #10’s have adapted, he can too. If he just half arses it, he’ll go way down in my estimation.

7 Likes

Emery has something at Arsenal that he didn’t have at PSG and that’s a chance to shift players who don’t buy into his philosophy.

11 Likes