Mesut Özil

That’s what I said… don’t shoot, and don’t over dribble…

Not talking about FIFA… imagine we have Auba on one side and Gervinho on the other… terrifying the defenders.

I think Gervinho can contribute more than Iwobi/Mhki because there is something that he is really good at… speed, and above par dribbling.

Although it’s unkind to compare anyone to Gervinho, this kind of reminds me of Iwobi now.

Great skill on the ball, defenders know it so they are hesitant to lunge in, he regularly nutmegs people or beats them for pace in impressive fashion, yet once he has a sight of goal it all completely falls apart.

1 Like

lol the thing i remember right now that is the epitome of Gervinho and how all of us felt is when he was playing with RVP. He has a simple pass to make for a RVP tap in and you have the look of RVP with his arms outstretched as if to say PLAY THE BALL THERE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!

Gervinho was fucking shite, sort your lives out asap

12 Likes

Can’t have a discussion on Gervinho, without calling him “Gerbeanho” or whatever that daft nickname for him was made by Len :arteta:

3 Likes

We should of kept Gervinho, he would of worked well with Ozil. Not sure if we needed to balance the books

Gervinho was absolutely pointless without the end product, that Bradford miss still fucking haunts me.

Much rather the old Hleb back.

2 Likes

Maybe playing fortnite together.

Pretty sure it was Gerbeanio, Len wasn’t too concerned by spelling haha

2 Likes

Regarding no end product, I think same can apply to Iwobi and Mhki lately (missed several sitters)???

I’m not happy with them either.

I had totally forgotten about that match for about three years now at least but that was maybe the lowest point I’ve felt as an Arsenal fan in the past 10 years.

I really miss Lengooner. Hope he’s still ticking along and raging at Arsenal :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yes, the old man… he visited this site a few times when it was new… but then did not show up anymore.

Len, Brady, and a few good guys… I miss them…

1 Like

@lengooner make a return please mate, you’re missed around these parts.

9 Likes

Wenger did drove off a lot of long time fans…

Len seems like the sort of staunch Gooner that would be following the club just as much as he always has, for whatever reason though he’s just stopped utilising his time on OA.

No end product probably used more in Ozil thread than any other on OA history really.

1 Like

Drayton was the sites biggest loss but mods were put in an impossible situation on that one. Regrets all around on that one I think.

4 Likes

I saw a stat on Arseblog today that put this into perspective a bit more.

“Of our 26 games this season, Ozil has completed 90 minutes just five times.”

He also mentioned that since November 11th, he’s played 103 minutes. Obviously he’s had the back issue, but I’m not sure how much of an issue that really is tbh.

1 Like