Mesut Özil

Completely agree but I hope he gets more chances to show what he can do.

I’d still rather start him than this weird midfield where the most forward-thinking player is Guendouzi. Especially against small teams we should he beating handily, but seem to be making a meal of these days.

We need someone to make the plays.

1 Like

I’d try playing Ozil deeper now beside Torreira and Xhaka, let him dictate and bring the ball from deep in a similar fashion to how Santi used to do for us.

He doesn’t always have to be in an advanced position and indeed when you look at other top clubs #10’s have been doing this for a while now.

Of course he’d need to be much more tenacious and seek out the ball, but it’s adapt or die right now.

1 Like

Exactly, I’m gagging for Ozil in the DeBruyne role. But yeah he has to work for it.

Can we just eliminate the thought of signing any Spurs players, please?

This ain’t 2001

Would love Alderweireld. Taking their best CB like it’s 2001 all over again

I think he’s done at Arsenal.

The whole thing seems to have taken a bizarre turn… but hasn’t he been injured mostly?

Y’all are mad. Ozil is a fantastic footballer and has more than succeeded here, personally and with the team. Is his current contract warrantied? Hell no. I can hardly think of 5 players nowadays who actually deserve such wages.

1 Like

I’ve thought this for a few years now but never liked saying it.

The Ozil project has me totally exhausted now, just as Wenger had me feeling.

1 Like

I completely agree that he is fantastic in terms of talent, but I don’t think he applied himself at critical times often enough. That’s why it’s so frustrating for a lot of us.

This side has also developed away from him, because Emery wants energetic players in those half spaces and Ozil doesn’t fit the bill. Its harder for him to fit into the side atm.

1 Like

Has to be fair that… Wenger did not fully utilize him at all and constantly put joe average players around him and we expected him to shine.

This is his first season under Emery, we should give him a little bit more time before handling out the verdict.

4 Likes

These opinions are all well and good but until AC validates them they aren’t fact.

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Damn… you (or other MOD) locked the Emery thread but then you came here to troll…

2 Likes

Personally I think his signing alone truly stepped us up as a club. It was a much needed statement and a positive influence. No coincidence how related he is with our best moments/periods since '13. I understand some specific antics of him could be annoying, like how pissed off he gets and quits when he loses the ball. However, it’s not even close to cancers like Pogba and Alexis. Ozil truly elevates his teammates, a quality a few can have.

Regarding the current situation, I won’t read too much into it. Emery seems to be going the safe route, sticking with what works and changing when it doesn’t. Ozil has been struggling with injuries too since the latter half of last season so I credit a lot of his inability to secure a first team spot to that.

1 Like

We’re all effectively the same person/organism.

1 Like

The MOD SQUAD!

2 Likes

Please show me the right direction on how to apply this fun job… :joy::joy::joy:

At the time, sure. Looking back it was shouting into a void because we never took the next necessary steps.

4 Likes

If your time comes, you will know! :raised_hands:

You know what, I do like your answer… very much… :joy:
Just by this, I know I am not the MOD material…

Cheers… let me be the troll then

2 Likes