Mesut Özil

I honestly think you’re wide of the mark on this one. He’s taken a hell of a lot of abuse and much of it is pretty disgustingly right wing in nature, not only does he have every right to respond, he should respond.

I don’t get the issue with the social media part either. In years gone by it would have been a press release, or press conference, this is just a different medium.

It’s also a medium that allows him to get his message out there entirely free from editing and distortion, he’s not relying on journalists to report his words fairly. If people are interested in his response they can read it in full and without spin being put on it by people with their own agenda.

6 Likes

First page is fine, even if I don’t agree with his justification

Second page is just a bunch of whinny hurt nonsense tbh

1 Like

In my view it’s not whiny to point out blatant hypocrisy.

His name was dragged through the mud, par for the course.

The last 4 paragraphs are all pointless, it was written out of spite because people didn’t bend over backwards for his celebrity in light of the picture

Totally unnecessary sour grapes

1 Like

2 hours between parts 1 and 2, 3 hours still no part 3. Hmm. Only explanation is that his agent’s written this and Mesut’s going through the English>German dictionary on every word trying to find out what it says before publishing it.

2 Likes

Yeah nice but this should have been published months ago

Haha wondered wtf happened with 31 new posts in here. :joy: Mesut’s going in!!

He has just announced his retirement for Germany.

Knew that was coming

Part three did not disappoint.

BOOM.

Better trilogy than the Matrix imo

8 Likes

YES! MESUT IS ONLY FOR US! FUCK OFF GERMANY!

1 Like

YESSSS!!! Mes can go sun himself on the pointless international breaks now

2 Likes

Cue the “I thought he retired before the World Cup” jokes from rival fans…

It’s actually pretty sad that it’s come to this. German player of the year 5 times and they treat him like dirt on the bottom of their shoes. Regardless of what you think of Özil’s actions, the treatment he has been subjected to has been way OTT and some - the racism - downright despicable.

Absolutely huge statement from him though and good on him for speaking out.

1 Like

I mean now that Wenger’s gone, he’s probably worried Emery is going to work him like a dog. Got to get that R&R someway I suppose.

Good call.

1 Like

Yesss fuck them and welcome back Mesut we loove you :hearts: Arsenal arsenal arsenal arsenal !

3 Likes

Ooh this went well.
I spoke too soon.

Good on you Ozil.
Now they will understand what they are missing.

I wish I knew how German fans are taking all this.
Sometimes the shit show is between the media & authorities but fans are least bothered. I wonder if they are all facepalming at this whole situation ATM.
Tell us @ronniec

Go on mesut.

Hope Germany win fuck all now.

May the curse of Özil take hold forever more.

3 Likes

Hope he hasnt caused a shit storm for us now with this. @JakeyBoy @Darkseid fair points lads okay. However if cameras come looking for interviews now hope hes principled enough to give them.
Either way I dont want our preparations disrupted with this.

Well he’s somehow made himself look good out of all this.

I doubt it’ll affect us much, he’s walked away from the national team and it might be a storm for a couple of days but I think everyone will just move on. He’s said his piece and now it’s probably up to the DFB / German media to explain themselves rather than him having to say anything more. I hope it moves away from him and onto the wider discussion.