Mesut Özil

Equally sad that a footballer doesn’t want to pursue his limited time as a player. When moneys your God though…

5 Likes

Lol blaming ozil not wanting to play when hes in every training video.

Terms of his contract for his wages. Come on now mate.
Not selected for League cup or Europa. Only sticking around for the money and prepared to give his career up for it.

4 Likes

But that’s the thing mate. He’s not giving anything up for it. He was destined to go to Turkey after his Arsenal career ended. Now he’s just going a year later, but I’m certain they will sign him.

Well he is obliged to be in training, otherwise he is not doing his job at all (with the financial consequences). So he is doing the bare minimum. Someone who truly cares about football and a legacy would want to play every single game at all cost.

Clearly, Ozil doesn’t give a shit ever since Wenger left. Because Wenger coddled him and treated him like a princess.

Emery told Ozil to put the big boy pants on and now Arteta is doing the same. And I too think it is not just the manager at this point, but the entire club wanting Ozil to be gone. As Ozil is a toxic element in the team for the last few seasons.

6 Likes

We are compelling him to.
Ozil would totally want to play but he is not given a chance.

2 Likes

If Arsenal is not playing CL football next season, Arteta is on the clock

Go somewhere else then.

2 Likes

When?
He just came to know that he will never be played again once he was listed out of the EL squad.

The window is closed now.

Plus ask Arsenal to pay him 10-15m to let him go.

I highly doubt that. He’s got a fair chance just as the rest.

1 Like

Why do you doubt it? Ozil played every match prior to lockdown

I wouldn’t say it’s just for the money(although it’s the main factor).
There’s something to be said about us trying to force him out of a contract we handed to him.
There have been shots by both parties. This has started just months into his new contract.

At this stage it’s a point of him showing tenacity in the fact that he won’t accept being pushed out due to his wages, being associated with a certain someone or voicing his opinion on political matters.

Not a new situation is it. He’s known the way this was going for ages.

You tell me. You said he wants to play, so obviously there must be something keeping him from playing no? Maybe he’s not good enough? Or he doesn’t fit into the system.

1 Like

It is a new situation.
Ozil has worked his way into Emery’s squad, played in Europa league final.
Ozil worked his way into Ljunberg squad.
Ozil worked his way into all the matches for Arteta pre lockdown.

For a player of his quality & confidence, it is matter of showing quality and getting back to the squad which is admirable and he has done so previously.

This is a completely new situation where he is categorically been told that he will not feature regardless of his efforts in training.

Arsenal should pay Ozil and let him go because the transfer window is closed now.
Right now it is kind of a slavery where they have compelled him to stay without any chance of playing.

1 Like

OR most likely

His wages are too high

That’s very likely the case.

I think Ozil has squad inclusion and/or appearance bonus which is significant. Arteta was likely told that the budget doesn’t allow for any extra costs due to covid. Arsenal asked Ozil to drop the performance bonuses, the player refused and as a result he’s frozen out.

If he’s included in the premeir league squad, then maybe it was all about money after all and maybe it’s a sign that he caved in with the bonuses. Unlikely to happen though.

Dont be stupid lol

1 Like

I will sign up for this slavery for 350.000 pounds a week :ozil:

4 Likes

Ozil Life Matters ya cunts