Mesut Özil

Oh and thanks for re-emphasising that you think my points are BS again and saying their needless. I really appreciate your courtesy and I’ll try and remember how pointless you find my views on Ozil in future so I can try and remember to never express them again.

If I offended you, I apologize.

It was my mistake to drag on on this topic.

Who would be the answer to be honest. We won’t get any top coach better you know.

To be fair, we can definitely do better than a guy who for most of the season couldn’t fit Ozil and Rambo in the side, benched a 50m striker for ‘balance’, played Xhaka at CB and refused to use Elneny(even for rotation) when we could have sold him last summer for something at least. Did I mention that it has been documented that he was bullied by players, which he even admitted right before our final?

If there is a position a club should invest is a quality manager. A good manager can improve the whole team.

2 Likes

We can all say that, but you would have said the same about mid table Liverpool side in 2015.

Name me a quality coach who come in and work with this bunch of bottlers, who downed tools on two managers. Who work under these restraints . Who will put their rep on the line to work with a club who can’t compete.

Who was it documented by? if it’s the press, I take it with a pinch of salt. I’m glad he dropped Ozil, the same guy who couldn’t be arsed to turn up for a EL final.

2 Likes

There were reports when of it when he left. Ben Arfa was the main bully. They were making fun of his French. Emery confirmed it. Some PSG players also went ahead and buried him publicly, in fact, most of the French hate his guts. :joy:

(Take into account that the above is a thread)

If we want quality managers btw I’ll mention some. Blanc, Mourinho and Allegri all very good candidates.
Obviously our board isn’t that ambitious to do that though.
If we look for a safer option do not look far off, it’s Eddie Howe. Attacking football, promotes youngsters, charismatic, knows the league and has brought Bournemouth to relevance. His wages won’t be crazy I reckon so if shit doesn’t stick you can pay his way out.

You’d have Mourinho at Arsenal? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

I actually do think Emery is a good manager, and whether he is or whether he isn’t, I don’t think we’ll find out in his first season at the club…

Agreed, I think he’d be a great manager for any top club, although I’m not sure I’d call him the “safe” option per say.

It’s not that Ozil is a luxury player or that his playing style is redundant. From the moment Arsenal had signed Emery as the next manager I believed Ramsey was going to be the preferred advanced midfielder simply because creativity and flair is not something that will thrive in a side coached by Emery.

Because of his age and his current contract they will not be able to offload him to an European club.

3 Likes

Then China beckons, or Turkey.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Slndzz/status/1139196348568391682?s=19

:wenger:

7 Likes

Mesut:

“You know what?
I’m not leaving.
I’m not fucking leaving!
The show goes on!
This is my home!
They’re gonna need a fucking wrecking ball to take me out of here!
They’re gonna need to send in the National Guard or fucking SWAT team 'cause I ain’t going nowhere!”

2 Likes

Take the hint and leave ffs.

Have a bit of pride in your career

He’s done everything he’s going to do in his career so I doubt he cares that much

2 Likes

Competitive fire looks burnt the fuck out

All about securing the bag now, thanks Ivan and co.

9 Likes

Even if we could re-light that fire, he’s doesn’t really fit into Emery’s team. He just needs to go.

I don’t blame him at all. He’s getting paid, no reason for him to take a pay cut because we suck at negotiating/managing contracts.

1 Like

I really wouldn’t be against farming him with the under 23s.

Hes your problem now Bouldy!!

5 Likes

I wonder how many managers he’s planning to say “you’re not a coach” to.

:thinking:

Loyalty in sports really is a one-way street, isn’t it :laughing:?