Mesut Özil

First, the 350k was rewarded for his performance before the extension.
It was not like “okay, I give you 350k and you need to perform”.
He “earned” it and the club gave it to him.
Yes, he underperformed after the extension, but the 350k figure is not only as salary but also part of the “reward”.

Second, 60k is for player like Iwobi/Guen.
Ozil’s initial contract was already more than 100k. Who could you get by just offering 60k?

1 Like

Gosh well if you think that perhaps you ought to apply for a well paid job in the Kroenke regime. Ozil played very inconsistently before the new contract and underperformed relative to his fee and 140k per week package. He had a good set of games just as he was negotiating his new mega deal before declining to his usual. The guys usual is so bad that he struggles to get a regular start under a manager who calls him out like he should (and as many fans and footy pundits have been doing for years). Personally I’d rather Guendouzi than Ozil any day of the week so to me Ozil doesn’t deserve higher pay than him. We can’t offload the guy because he’s a joke at a mega package level. It was such an obvious mistake at the time when he was handed the new package and it smacked of panic. I’m sorry to say I just can’t agree with you.

He was inconsistent before the new contract, but he did helped the team to win the FA Cup, lead the league in assists, being the focal point of attack and face of the “new” Arsenal at that time. You can’t deny that.

The amount that the club gave him was probably too high (It was the club’s fault, don’t put the blame on the player as Ozil never sabotage the team and threaten to leave because of money, at least there was no source saying that.
He got the 350k per week, was the reward by Wenger/club.

Inconsistent or underperforming or not, we did need Ozil to stay.
The team need a “star” player, and it is easier to give out big contracts than spending 40/50m (or more) to find a replacement.

The contact extension was before Emery’s arrival. He play good or bad under Emery has nothing to do with it.

I think Amine should lose her Swedish citizenship for this. Erdogan is a fucking dictator and he in-prisons regime critics. Özil can fuck out of this club by showing this support.

4 Likes

I’m getting kinda sick and tired of this bug-eyed behnchode over this nonsense too.

First time I’ll allow it but to do it over and over again…

Maybe he should teach Erdogan to accept defeat and take the L as Ozil has learned to do.

4 Likes

Firstly I remember him holding out for a new deal for ages or he was going to move on a free. Secondly I agree that it was the clubs management who made the ridiculously stupid decision to extend his contract on those crazy terms in spite of his inconsistent contributions. The owner and his executives including his son should all sling their hook for this incompetence. Thirdly he isn’t a star except at playing Fortnite. Fourthly he’s not a good man, he invites Erdogan to his wedding, he falls out with his national team, he prioritises playing Fortnite to the level where it leaves him with a bad back so he’s not even available to play for weeks on end, then when he does play he fails to show the work rate and enthusiasm to justify his selection more often than not. Fifth Aaron Ramsey was the attacking midfield star buts Kroenke and co threw him away. Sixth Ozil needs to leave as his attitude and completely unjustified wages wreck the unity in the dressing room.

You can say Ozil is underperforming, but all the rest you said, are just BS and irrelevant.

How much money he earns, is in between the club and him, none of other people’s business

You may say Erdogan is an evil man, but is every single one he knows or makes friend with, is evil also? Think… think twice… this is not logical. I ask you to rethink this again.
By using your logic, you may end up an evil man also.

You need to re-think again, if you believe playing Fortnite is relevant to his performance on the football field.

Yes, Ramsey outperform Ozil this season… and? Did Ramsey outplay Ozil a year before, and 2 years before when Ozil negotiating his contract with the club?
Saying we should keep Ramsey instead of Ozil, can we pay 400k per week? Is Ramsey consistent enough and healthy enough to get that kind of contract?
What if he has a down year next season, and everybody come out and condemn the contact (again)??

No need to scrutinize Ozil by making up that many reasons.

1 Like

Get if ozils dick will you, it is quite simple he has a shit attitude doesnt play for the team even for himself isnt worth the time or money so get rid simple as!

1 Like

I also agree to sell him, my point is, you guys don’t need to use that many shit excuses.
Underperform, not fitting into Emery’s tactics, okay, sell.

Talk about attitude, he is far from Sanchez’s level of the last season with us.

If you sign a £350k a week contract it’s because you value yourself at that. Your performances need to reflect what you value yourself at. Ozil is paid a disproportionately high salary for the performances he produced last season and absolutely has to be moved on even if it means subsidising part of his wages to accomplish this.

4 Likes

Agreed but not November more like the second half of the season maybe early March me thinks.

I haven’t followed his career in depth, but I would bet last season was his worst since leaving Schalke. Even as a £150k earner question marks should be raised, but I do agree constant references to his salary are a bit draining now.

He’s never been a leader, nor particularly adaptable. The club (I assume Ivan) knew that when they made him the offer and then they went and gave Emery the job too.

I think he was probably kept in part to save face as a “big club”, but it was only after that that all the bullshit with Germany and Erdogan happened and that’s probably affected him too. I think it affected his stock too, which makes him a bit less of an asset which is what a chunk of that money will have been for.

Özil was bought to be the key #10 in a system that utilises a key #10 and he did exactly that and did it very well, anything else is revisionism. He was not, has never been and will never be a leader and that’s well known and perfectly fine, you can have leaders elsewhere on the pitch. Making some salary argument about how he should change his personality is silly. He is also not someone who drags teams on his back, and he never was, and never will be, and everyone should know that as well and that’s also fine. He is a bit like Guardiola, he needs good attacking players and if he has them he shines, and we all know that as well.

If anything his decline goes hand in hand with how we stopped playing with a key #10 and have the worst wide player squad at the club we’ve had in my lifetime rather than anything else like weddings or idiot presidents. Put him at PSG with Neymar on one side and Mbappe on the other side and he’ll look his old self again I’m sure. Put him further back in a 4-2-2-2 or 4-4-2 with defensive work or man-marking work all game and he’ll be more effective than you might think but he’ll sulk around and get no assists and little attacking done and us, him and everyone else will be unhappy.

It isn’t really much more complicated than that to me. Either play him where is supposed to play or sell him imo.

3 Likes

He’d love Ligue 1 as it is a much slower pace lol

Good post. It’s almost like when Emery supposedly drew up a plan for each player, he looked at Ozil and thought ‘play as a fullback’

Thanks for calling my points BS mate. As I said before you’d be ideal to join the Kroenke regime. Good luck to you.

Thoughts like this pretty much confirm Ozil’s status as a luxury player.

The conditions have to near perfect to him to thrive? I remember when he first signed the discussion was how his talent made other players around him better then it slowly degraded to “how do we get the best out of Ozil?”.

Alot is evidence is pointing to the fact Ozil’s style of play is pretty redundant in this day and age. For of the talk of not Emery not utilising Ozil properly I bet it’s pretty difficult to explain why his market was stone cold as a free agent? Many top European clubs could of had him for free but didn’t bite? What does that say about Ozil?

I’ve seen the best and worse of Ozil, I can safely say there won’t be tears if he left suddenly. He’s not part of the solution moving forward tbh

3 Likes

L’escargot pace. :grinning:

I am Kroenke out

I called some of your points BS because they were not needed at all.

I look forward to Ozil & Xhaka leaving, because when we’re simply no better because of it and still finishing 5th/ 6th people will have to find someone else to blame.

Hopefully Emery makes a fair few of his signings also, the quicker people realise he’s not the answer the better and I won’t have to hear “ it’s not Emery’s squad”

2 Likes