Mesut Özil

Because it’s still a clause that likely won’t expire. Barce stopped playing Denis Suarez in the league years and years after buying him from City because it would have meant they paid more for him

Interesting hearing an agent saying he was interested in when subs were made because the player only got a bonus if they played for X minutes. Which may have been the story behind Wenger’s 70min subs

Heres something from a report I found about that. That quite a standard clause you would imagine and not in any way tied to the amount of minutes a player played. That’s the bit i don’t buy. Might not have been particularly clear on that in inital post.

According to City Watch, Pep Guardiola’s team are due €800,000 for every 10 games that the midfielder plays for the Blaugrana, up to a maximum of 100 appearances.

1 Like

So not playing on thursday again?

What a fucking life ffs, some GOAL! type stuff.

Iwobi was in Paris, Kolasinac was in Istanbul from their insta’s.

They probably had the weekend off as we had no game but that’s not going to stop ol Jonny Cross making up a story

1 Like

Wenger went in a bit on Özil in his interview. Bit rich of him to accuse players of being in their comfort zone though when that’s the environment he created

5 Likes

You see, maybe it’s me but I didn’t see it as much a dig when I read it. Could easily be his way of defending him too

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t see it as much of a dig myself but I guess it’s open to interpretation because he hasn’t been unequivocal either way.

1 Like

Yeah definitely, think it’s a personal preference for me. If it takes effort to understand the point (if there even was one haha) then I’m too lazy to deconstruct it to extract the meaning.

You might be correct. Although I do think it’s possible that a contract stated ‘appearances over 30 minutes long’ (or whatever).

but he says that the contract may have put him in a comfort zone…there is no ‘may’ about it, he is set money wise and he was the teachers pet before getting it so already had a pathetic attitude then to give him that contract and then get shown the door with your cronies leaving the new manager to deal with his little bitch attitude and the fans being on his side is a cunt move tbh.

I also love how last season people were calling for ozil to be benched because he had a shit attitude and needs to be shown that he cant play every game and play crap and have no consequences bow he is riding the bench for his same lazy poor attitude everyone is bitching and moaning say ‘when you have a player like ozil riding the bench and you are struggling the manager is at fault’ it plays into certain peoples agendas rather well. Ozil has played 18 matches this season and has a tally of 1 assist and 1 goal or something like that.

Check this out if you have the time cant remember where they start talking about ozil i think it is about 10 minutes in, lee gunner brings up some good points about him, DT is the usual DT but it was a good debate and brings up a lot of good points.

Will Ozil leave arsenal in the summer?

@discobot fortune you heard the man!

:crystal_ball: Ask again later

@discobot fortune how about now prick?

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: Very doubtful

6 Likes

Good man discobot we got there eventually

2 Likes

I read it as you asking “how about you answer my question now”, and discobot basically telling you to fuck off

11 Likes

ffs discobot has done me. Didn’t read it like that but now you mention it.

1 Like