Mesut Özil

They are forcing him out, but he doesn’t seem he wants to leave.

1 Like

Are you sure he is good enough?

@discobot fortune is @Calum your new @Mysty ??

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: As I see it, yes

8 Likes

You went too far, now face the wrath

2 Likes

He is definitely good enough.
Whether he wants to be, is another question.

This is an awkward situation for the board and Emery.

If the board sell Ozil, then to replace him would cost a lot more than we would get for him in a transfer fee, and this is why I think the board paid such high wages to keep him, because it’s a lot cheaper than getting an equivalent player.

But if Emery refuses to pick him, then we are stuck with our highest earning player not contributing anything to the club.

The only winner in this, if there is one, is Ozil because whatever happens, he is earning a fortune without the stress involved of being a top level footballer.

Nice work if you can get it.

I understand that, but Ozil doesn’t exactly add anything to the team now he’s too inconsistent. We need a player and is going to work hard for the team every week, Ozil seems passed hes prime in all honesty i think he’s finished. Hes got a lot of work to do to prove himself, but he really needs better players around him so its ultimately down to the board.

1 Like

Is that true? Not anything?

He will have like 1 good game out of 10

Sound like all other midfield players have more good games in that sample size.

1 Like

They do, thats why Ozil isn’t playing right now?

The one in good game in 10 from Ozil since he’s been at Arsenal is as big a myth as Santa Claus being a real.

4 Likes

Are you watching the re-run of the invincible season or the games of the current Arsenal team?

I agree.
We definitely need a player that can do that, but they don’t come cheap and without Ozil we haven’t got the sort of player that Aubameyang and Lacazette need.

It’s true that Ozil lacks consistency, but an inconsistent Ozil is still the best midfielder we have.

1 Like

Good enough in what context? Ozil is one of the best #10 to step foot in this game. What I saw from him in the first half of last season from him was imo peak Ozil. Litterally leading the team, a quality I rarely saw from him.
I am not gonna act that I don’t share concerns about his back problems catching up to him, even allegedly performing injured at the WC, as implied by Arsene himself.
I doubt this is a quality issue though. If Emery sees it that way then I already stated that Emery should have no business messing with this club.
To me it’s either a physical issue that Arsenal and co. want to keep in the down low, Emery/Ozil having a row and not seeing eye to eye or Arsenal higher ups and Emery trying to force Ozil out because of his wages.

2 Likes

Interesting from Emery. Pretty honest and he’s clear on what he wants from Özil.

“The key is in his hands. He is working very well this week. I ask him in our conversation for consistency. He needs to be available consistently for training, without the injuries, without the sickness.“

5 Likes

Was he implying Ozil faking injuries and sickness?

That was my take on it.

1 Like

My English is not that bad then… :slight_smile:

Much better than Unai.

1 Like