Merry Christmas!

Watch the one with Emelia Clark, Last Christmas. It got terrible ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and I was forced to watch it, but it’s actually pretty good.

1 Like

Lots of films I like have terrible ratings :laughing:

1 Like

Don’t mind the love part but how dare they rip off a word from the title of the greatest ever Xmas movie :grin::crazy_face:

Have you watched the new home alone yet? I need someone to report on how shit it is.

Not yet, but thanks for reminding me. I have Disney+, so I will report back.

1 Like

I watched a Castle for Christmas on Netflix, with Brooke Shields. Not good, so you may like it.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that Die Actually is a good film, especially for people with constipation or insomnia.
Also if you buy the DVD it comes with a free souvenir sick bag.

3 Likes

Far be it from me to declare any interest in movies in general, but from what I’ve seen out of one eye while my wife watches them, these Hallmark tv movies look absolutely bottom of the barrel.

1 Like

Probably right up my street then

2 Likes

I’m going in

4 Likes

You’re worse than hitler

4 hours later and ominous silence. It’s worse than we thought, lads.

Haha i only got half way through and had to take a break. Yeah, it’s not great. Even by my standards. Will watch the rest of it today and report back.

1 Like

Need to pitch this idea to Netflix. Hugh Grant playing the ultimate Christmas villain, takes over a building on Christmas eve during the hosting of a Christmas party. Unfortunately for him in attendance is an out of town cop, who is in the Christmas spirit and looking to reconnect with his estranged wife and family. Really has the makings of the second ever greatest Christmas movie.

5 Likes

Hugh Grant is already in the no1 Christmas movie. So would be cool for him to have the no2 one as well I suppose

1 Like

I saw my first Christmas movie of the season last night on Netflix… Deck the Halls.
I only watched this because Danny DeVito was in it and I was on my second glass of whisky.
If you are not a fan of Danny DeVito try four glasses of whisky!

6 Likes

Right, so I finished Home Sweet Home Alone. It was different to the original in the sense that there weren’t really any baddies. It was also different to the original in the sense that it was really bad.

It actually has a semi decent cast, but the whole film just seemed really unnecessary. And it didn’t feel all that Christmassy either. Not to mention the kid, Max, is an annoying little brat. I will not be watching it again.

3 Likes

Need to watch Die Hard to get you back in the Christmas spirit :grin:

1 Like

Late Monday night but still pissed off from the game so only one way to cheer myself up - that’s right, Die Hard going on :grin:

1 Like