May 2022 council elections

Just apathetic country but nothing really discernible about Labour’s politics anyway. Things going too get worse anyway and that should eat a bit more into Tory support.

2 Likes

They’re not gonna work together are they?

Party, self-interest before community, before country.

1 Like

Proper countryside Tories don’t just up and defect to Labour for the sake of it. Lib Dems were always going to be the winners in that regard.

1 Like
2 Likes

You wouldn’t see that on American news that’s for sure

Just need Fab to tweet here we go!

2 Likes

The Union is dying :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Pretty nonsense assertion to say SF are the biggest party due to Boris.

6 Likes

We are stronger together as a Union, although I would like to see a united Ireland in the future, if only because it will save England some money.

Ah, poor old oblivious invincibles

1 Like

If you thought the Brexit divorce bill was big…:eyes:

Well if you lot finally leave us, you can take your share of the national debt, find your own currency, and put Braveheart on repeat :rofl:

1 Like

Hey, come on now, no one deserves that

1 Like

7 Likes

Voted for the Lib Dems and they’ve taken the Somerset majority, first time in my voting life I feel vindicated as normally spoil my vote :rofl:

6 Likes

Purely out of interest, what was it that motivated you not to spoil your ballot this time? Was it something the Lib Dems did specifically that’s earned your vote? Or is it more a case of voting for the Lib Dems cos it was the most viable way of preventing someone else from winning?

It’s probably tactical voting.
I don’t know what it’s like in Somerset but there are parts of Essex have some the safest Tory seats in the country so tactical voting is the best option.

Partly because I didn’t want to vote for Conservatives and Labour are useless, but partly also because they’ve been the only active party who’ve bothered knocking doors and the guy is actually very prominent within the community, gets involved with the schools and I know someone he’s helped first hand, with some school/bullying issues.
I know the saying is that all politicians are corrupt and just in it for themselves but this is one of those rare occasions where I honestly think this guy seems genuine and cares about the community.
Either that or he’s a cunt :rofl:

2 Likes