Matt Turner

Yeah but he’s fucking shit hahaha

1 Like

Isn’t he still THE most expensive GK in world in general? Regarding the transfer fee

Going too be pushing hard for the number one podcast spot on these quotes.
Can see he knows what he’s up against.

good attitude ngl.

playing out from the back here is a different beast when it’s against Liverpool and they’re chasing a goal so that worries me a bit but you gotta start somewhere so so far so good.

maybe you meant that one season but in case you missed it Navas went to PSG years ago, Lunin is pretty much their backup GK. he’s alright tho but Navas is underrated imo, he was also fantastic and probably still is, the only GK in the world who would’ve been a significant upgrade on him was probably Courtois lol

1 Like

Lad

5 Likes

lol that greasy little rat of a spurs fan even tried using a yellow spurs kit to make it harder for Turner to spot

1 Like

Runar, is that you?

1 Like

@Joshua EXPLAIIIIN!

We’re doing our American owners a favour

Ehh if they really wanted to do KSE a favor they’d do sketchy deals with the Rapids, not a club owned by Bob Kraft.

Turner was hurt for a while and was seen as one of the best keepers in MLS (and the USA pool) for the last two years. I can’t speak for the quality of the Rev’s backline so I’m not sure if that stat is suggesting he’s flubbing saves he should make or if in reality his backline is giving up so many great chances per match that he can’t really do anything about it.

There are reasons to worry about him but I don’t think shot stopping is one of them.

He is a good shot stopper. He played behind a terrible backline in MLS. He is so-so playing out from the back.

He isn’t good enough to “push” Ramsdale. He will be getting early round cup games or dead rubber Europa group stage games.

If Ramsdale is out for an extended period, he won’t make fans forget about Ramsdale.

Posting a goalkeeper stat without the xGa to back it up. What is this the 2010s for god sake?!

:hipster:

1 Like

Why hasn’t he been presented yet?

You’re asking the club who had Gabriel training with the team for weeks before announcing the move?

(Can see him announced today)

1 Like

welcome

1 Like

With the entire fanbase awaiting the imminent announcement of a top class forward, this is the moment they choose to announce a reserve keeper everyone thought was already official.

Absolutely masterful trolling, well done Arsenal :joy: :clap:

4 Likes

My god, I was so busy with work I didn’t even see this was made official. And nobody gives a shit it seems. :rofl:
This guy is supposed to be a big deal in the US apparently.

Yeah this is such a random move, I don’t get it at all, but sure why not.

Hang on, it ain’t weird. We did need a backup keeper with Leno most likely going.

Btw, Craig Burley from ESPN said he hasn’t really seen him but some friend of his who coaches Turner thinks very highly of him and he believes he can take over Ramsdale.

Shaka Hislop also praised him a lot.