Mat Ryan

Not denying that Leno has been great overall, I’ve singed his praises many times here. I’m starting to sound like a broken record here, but I don’t get why he isn’t more commanding. Surely this is something SOMEONE in the coaching staff (dare I suggest our gk-coach) has to work with.

I agree with this. To me it’s clear they do not trust him, not that he technically is a bad goalkeeper. They don’t think he’s commanding enough, that’s why misunderstandings happen very often and it all looks shaky.
Remember that Martinez had the same dross of players in front of him. Yet it was clear they trusted him much more then Leno.

Looks like he might be coming back

3 Likes

Seems like a no-brainer solution as our backup keeper for a year or two, maybe until the kid Okonkwo is ready.

3 Likes

Yeah surely this is a good opportunity to secure a solid backup, as far as second choice keepers go he’d be perfect to have in the squad and we wouldn’t have to worry about Runarsson anymore.

2 Likes

Onana is a good opportunity too.
Great on the ball as well.

Ruin Arsenal was a joke. Keep Ryan.

I don’t know why we’d go looking for anyone else in the backup GK role if he’s up for it. He’s not going to be number 1 but he’s a reliable backup option. Would be more than happy for him to play league games if needed in spells.

5 Likes

Former gunners this now lads

Any competent people punted out. To much of a threat to Arterrorist.

Like Stalin’s purges of the 1930s.

1 Like

It really, really isn’t.

2 Likes

Yeah weird comparison that

I guess not.

Stalin was actually a good leader :arteta:

3 Likes

Artetapelago

3 Likes

We should of been all over this ffs

1 Like

Okonkwo is better :kroenke:

2 Likes

Watching Emi then Donnarumma in those shootouts this weekend definitely made me more interested to see Okonkwo in action. Kid is huge (6’6) and supposedly very very athletic for his size.

1 Like