Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Not sure if this is a backhanded compliment. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s absolutely a back handed compliment.

6 Likes

People actually think I’m some reactionary troll?

1 Like

He’s not a #10.

He should have been playing where Ceballos was.

Also I don’t understand how you can expect midfielders who want to play strikers in, when there is no striker to play in. There was no focal point, which meant all of our midfielders were shit.

Of course ESR may be a better #10, be ause ESR actually is a #10.

I like Buendia but absolutely not over Ødegaard. Who is class and doesn’t deserve to be yet another one of our good players who gets made to be a human shield for Arteta.

I wouldn’t keep him tbh he’s not done much

1 Like

He wasn’t great like most of our team tonight, who really knows how fit he is though. Either way we need more in the 2nd leg.

He’s not a #10. Clear as day. Unfortunately, we’re so void when it comes to technically gifted players that we shoehorn Odegaard there.

1 Like

Do you really see Odegaard as an 8 though? I don’t know if I see that either, I don’t really know what to make of him so far but it’s difficult to make much of anything in this mess

It’s where he does his best work for real Sociedad, RM.

1 Like

Would you want us to play him there and move Saka to the left?

Yes.

Which he could have done with the exact same front four today, just put Pepe up top with ESR behind him and the other two outside.

I thought he was really starting to control the early stages of the 2nd half and got subbed off. Should have stayed on IMO.

1 Like

I thought this too. Overall I don’t see a need too be making our mind up on this lad yet. Just keep monitoring for now. The positive is there just give it the next 6 or 7 weeks.

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Ode getting roasted on Twitter since last night.

You know what that means, masterclass incoming next week.

The kid has a solid ceiling to be a good player. I just don’t want us to shell out an obscene sum of money on him.

Reserving my judgment for the rest of the season but he has to show us more for the kind of figures being thrown around.

1 Like

Buendia >>>>

Both Madrid rejects to be fair. Add Ceballos in there too. :rofl:
Julio Baptista some years back.
We really do like former Madrid players that couldn’t cut it.

In defence of Baptista, he was played out of position his entire time here.