Martin Ødegaard (c) (8)

Part of me can’t wait until Lacazette moves on just so I never have to hear about his fabled hold up and link up play again.

So fucking boring.

12 Likes

6 Likes

That hold up / link up stuff probably was brought up so much because it was considered an alternative to Auba. A bit like discussing who is the tallest pygmy in a room.

1 Like

Yeh it’s why I’ve actually hated the period of Auba and Lacazette here together because the option that wasn’t featured was always the saving grace.

Even myself I was a true believer that Auba through the middle was the answer but that’s largely because i believe you put your strongest foot forward in life. Though by the time we got to that Auba’s concentration and interest was gone. Hell maybe he’d never have been the answer and he was indeed more effectual out left but I don’t want to believe that because of how great he was there at BvB.

At least when Giroud was here he was shit but he was our only option so we just sucked it up and wished for better players.

4 Likes

Lacazette would be ok for someone like Aston Villa or Everton or as cover at a decent club but he’s never been good enough to start for a top four team.

He’s playing in front of the most in form midfield in the PL but really isn’t doing that much to enhance it and, like you say, it’s a myth about his hold up play, all he does the minimum required of a striker, who is one of our highest paid players.

Although I still think Aubameyang is a good player, it’s obvious Arteta doesn’t want him so we could save the 12m wages a season we’re paying him and Lacazette and get someone like Sterling.

1 Like

Hold up play consists of rubbing booty on defenders to force them to back off :pepe1:

1 Like

At least Giroud actually did have elite hold up play

1 Like

And scored more than 2 league goals a year

I meant Odegaard is thriving in a system where Lacazette is up front. Not just Odegaard but a number of players. Why change that system by taking Laca out and risk losing the team composition?

1 Like

So what you’re effectively saying is that we shouldn’t upgrade our CF position because we’ve been good for 3 weeks?

6 Likes

Man I swear you’d be better letting this die, genuinely this whole Lacazette stuff is some of the dumbest shit to grace this board in a long time. Like international break levels of delusion and ignorance

4 Likes

Lol that can’t be another thread with Castiel complaining about Laca can it?

Fucking hell Lacazette for and against in the Odegaard thread now, too :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

All primed for another 20 paragraph post from you buddy that says nothing remotely insightful or interesting

Funny, I thought you didn’t read it.

When you’re comparing Lacazette to Firmino I can take a guess at how it would read. There’s been a lot of crazy hyperbole about our players on here at times but honestly that’s next level when it comes to delusional fan-boyism

1 Like

Excuse after excuse.

Laca really gets under your skin doesn’t he? Hope he doesn’t sign a new deal just for your sake buddy.

:relieved:.

1 Like

They can have him back for £304m.

5 Likes

Haven’t they got a stupid buyback or sell on clause or something, anyway?

I can remember Gooners being up in arms about that over the summer.