Marquinhos

Didn’t look out of place and seems to understand what Arteta wants from the wide player on that side positionally.

We’ll see how the summer goes but promising if unspectacular start.

From the pre-season highlights I’ve seen he looks physically excellent and tenacious when out of possession.

His passing could use some work but all in all I like his profile even as a potential CF.

From what we can see here, he’s quick, good awareness, able to play a ball off with pace and directness. Could be a diamond in the rough.

1 Like

I assume that’s his father and brother? They look like older and younger versions of him respectively. :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

Was gonna post about him after the Chelsea game.
Not sure what’s the plan here?
Remember hearing rumours early on about him going on a loan. Just short cameos so far but he looks to have an interesting profile. If we do get another winger in I can’t see him getting too many minutes.

One to follow in the coming weeks. I wouldn’t mind loaning him to a Championship side perhaps.

1 Like

He certainly looks far more built than most players his age, so it might be a good idea to get him some time playing in the championship. I do wonder if he might even be League 1 material, depending on the team because at his age I think a lot of decent champipnship sides might not guarantee giving him the minutes he needs.

If Farke was still a coach at Norwich I would have loved him there.

Hope he turns into a world beater but I’ve been burned too many times before so I’m gonna go ahead and just put him at the back of my mind.

So rare for these moves pan out.

3 Likes

It took me way too long to realize that was a typo for moves, I was like damn bro 8 in the morning and you’re hitting everyone with that type of existential deepness

2 Likes

Do we not have work permit issues anymore for Brazilians that have done fuck all? Or did Boris fix it for us?

Dunno what you mean, Joel Campbell and Wellington Silva smashed it :grinning:

1 Like

Campbell did smash it. Handled poorly by us really.
Wellington Silva didn’t even make it to the first team.

Smashed it.

2 Likes

Yup, total legend. Can’t wait for his statue unveiling.

You are validating my point. That’s exactly how ruin a player.
The loan to Olympiacos should have been the last one.
He shined in Champions League, shined in the WC, came back and looked great for us and then we fucked him off back to this loan crap.

We actually made loaning hip before it became hip. Wenger being a trendsetter as always.

He was great in the world cup to be fair though I remember watching him play in extra time and the poor lad legit looked like he was about to drop dead from exhaustion.

Poor fucker had worse fitness than Lacazette

It’s all the carrying he did for Costa Rica.
It was all him and Keylor really.

First time I’ve seen Joel he wasn’t even an Arsenal player, it was in 2011 during Copa America I believe. Lad was fucking unbelievable at 19, I remember wishing we had a talent like that and then a few weeks later it was revealed Arsenal was interested in him. I was ecstatic after we signed him.

Can’t believe the club fucked it up so bad with him. If they didn’t think he was good enough they should have just sold him and be done with it. I do remember there was one window where he received lots of interest and teams were ready to spend 30+m for him and we just didn’t sell him.
I think we ended up selling him to Frosinone for peanuts years later.

To be fair that guy tried to warn him to get out while he still could.

1 Like

No, its much easier to sign South Americans because of Brexit :uk::uk::uk: