Manchester Utd vs Arsenal (PL) 3-1 ffs

I’m waiting to see team/injury news before planting a flag on how I think this match will go.

2 Likes

Winning 5 out of 5 certainly gives us a nice little buffer points-wise and mentally, so while it’ll be hugely frustrating to lose at OT it’s nothing we aren’t used to and it won’t send me spiralling.

Would happily take a score draw but would be ecstatic with a win.

Calling it now, McTominay wil make a red card-worthy offence but willing not even get a yellow for it.

2 Likes

Will be in Manchester for work that week - does anyone with an away allocation ticket have a ticket for this match? if so let me know!

They’ll lose to Leicester tonight and will feel like they have a point to prove against us. That said, I’m starting to feel like our team could bully theirs. Providing no sloppy stuff around our own box, I expect a point at least.
Yesterday I thought we’d lose on the weekenk but we’re learning how to control games, even if our finishing is off and that gives me hope.

They beating a poor Leicester tonight, then getting carried away and we batter them on Sunday.

Antony hattrick, United 4-0.

If we win, with a convincing performance, I’m going to dip my toe in the Arteta sea. :grinning:

2 Likes

We should win and send clear message things are going to be different now

Its all up on Arteta now

Do NOT lose this match. A draw would even do.

This match could genuinely ruin the good vibes at the club. Everyone’s waiting for us to get slapped. Some fans will be looking for an excuse to throw a fit after the shambles late in the window.

A strong performance at OT would calm people down which is needed.

7 Likes

That seems a bit overly dramatic to me. The good vibes around the club are very powerful and resilient right now, people aren’t going to start booing at the Emirates bc the team loses a match.

And we follow it with Zurich and Everton at home. I really really don’t want to lose but we’re very well set up to bounce back and start winning again if it happens.

Even a competent performance. United are not great but it’s Old Trafford and you just can’t discount them turning up. They’ll probably break their big new signings in for a start etc. We need to be levels above what we produced there last season. That’ll keep a lot of people happy even if the result doesn’t pan out.

1 Like

Good too see this fixture actually seem a big game in the PL again.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not expecting booing lol.
Just the murmurs to start again, pundits to start questioning Arsenal, you know the drill.

I think we can survive September but October looks absolutely brutal. I’m genuinely scared about certain players breaking down. Let’s rack as many points as we can now because I cannsee plenty dropped then.

4 Likes

Starting Sunday. Feels like a win there would be MASSIVE now.

5 Likes

Very important game, a loss and United closing to 3 points of us after we lay an egg in the final month of the window wouldn’t be good.

Please don’t lose.

We won’t

3 Likes

I think it’s better to play a United that’s coming into some form than playing a desperate United. But, immaterial of what they are doing or where they are in the table, this is a big game for us and I think Mikel and team are aware of that.

I would obviously like a win but more than that, I want to see the same level of performance, energy, fight and toughness we’ve seen the last couple of games. As always, no silly Reds please. COYG!

1 Like

could be a decent match, United on a 3 game winning run and we’re on a 5 so lets make it six with a win at Old Trafford

:arteta3:

6 Likes