Manchester United

I only recently learned that United fans really don’t like the derogatory nickname Manure, because of the Munich accident. I can understand it, but football fans gonna be pricks aren’t they.

Did it crash into a pile of horse shit? Not seeing the link, but don’t really know much about the incident.

I was certainly not aware that anyone using this term was doing it in any way in reference to that, rather than it’s literal reference to shit, which is what football fans call other football clubs all the time.

9 Likes

Apparently the Manure nickname originates from from a song about Munich, that describes a dead Duncan Edwards as being manure.

I heard about this within the past couple years and was surprised. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to suggest that upwards of 95% of people who have ever called that club Manure have no idea about its supposed origins.

Like you say, manure is shit, they’re often called Man U, its basic bitch word play and little else imo.

3 Likes

I agree with you.

I only relay what I gathered from red cafe and man United fans in the wild.

Perhaps it is because of dead bodies decomposing into the soil? They became fertiliser?

I just used Manure the same way I would say Spurs are a bull shit horse shit scheisse scummy club.

1 Like

:eyes:

Austria have some nice pieces. I like Sabitzer, Lozaro and Schlager. I’m still unclear why we didn’t take a run at Sabitzer last summer as a Xhaka replacement. Really handy player.

Guess this just confirms that ManU are rotting from the inside.

2 Likes

Its one win lol, he won his first game with United too

How long is he at this now and I don’t think he’s ever had a single decent take.

(@Stroller leave it :joy: )

2 Likes

When Ten Hag joined Ajax, PSV were more dominant. Ajax went 5 years without winning it. Murphy is allergic to research.

Danny Murphy would have chosen Gareth Southgate 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 Erik ten Hag to be the new#MUFCmanager! :red_circle:

The only reason Murphy said that must be because he hates Man U and he knows Southgate would be way out of his depth at a big club like them, playing his style of boring football.
If he was any good, a top club would’ve got him and he’d be winning trophies in a top league.

His next club will be probably now though. I think Newcastle could be his next stop.

Southgate?

1 Like

I’m struggling to see what club looks at Southgate and thinks he’s got what it takes. Maybe at a stretch a club like Villa? But even then it’s a stretch.

What he’s done is great making sure everyone is friends, but he’s dealing with a bunch of English players in a generation that understands that England don’t really have much pedigree and can take nothing for granted. You have a squad of players just happy to be there too.

When you’re dealing with contracts, transfers, legit opposition coaches, players wanting to play, players wanting to leave, players from all over the world, chairman and directors, rich owners, fans happy to turn on you when they can see it’s not going well, constant media scrutiny, fighting for league positions and cups over a 9 month period - it’s a completely different game.

There’s no way the few good things he’s done translate to any club. If he leaves England on a high after a WC win or something then his only real advantage would be a compliant media for a period of time.

2 Likes

The only angle in which I can see Southgate at Newcastle is so that they can make Newcastle the media’s darling.

Newcastle have proven distressingly smart so far - pretty savvy buys in the market, hiring that director of football from Brighton, etc.

No way they hire a completely clueless manager like Southgate.

5 Likes

Mourinho is the favourite for me once they outgrow Howe.
Newcastle were interested, Mou kindly snubbing them but acting like Newcastle has a special place in his heart(fucking lol).
He knows what he’s doing. Mou’s next club will either be Madrid or Newcastle. I don’t think he leaves Roma just yet though.

1 Like

Newcastle are going too be club that has too grow.
Southgate has been excellent with communication and Newcastle have shed loads of this too negotiate with the Saudi connections.
I think he fits the bill well and with quality players coming in he can take them into the top 6 before the next phase of their build.

Southgate is not a smart appointment. Howe is a better manager than Southgate…

2 Likes

Fucking Eddie Howe

2 Likes