Manchester United

Was he nailed on starter for well over a decade?

He was the best player in the world when he was active

But starter he wasnt

Eden Hazard likes this post

I meant PL history but didn’t clarify in my post lol

Ah, well in that case…

^ how could you forget?

Jokes aside, I was so sure Maguire had turned a corner based on some okay performances for England a few years back but I suppose that was all smoke and mirrors. I do think he’s been hurt by some of their other CB options as well.

Nope. Let’s not rewrite history. Neville was United’s first choice right back until age and injuries started to catch up with him.

O’Shea, Wes Brown were both able deputies for him but Neville was regarded as a consistent right back and a leader. Him and Beckham had a very strong partnership together. He was very dependable.

His later year decline in appearances was just injury, age and rotation kicking in. After around 2004/2005 he basically became irrelevant to United but for the decade before that he was a nailed on starter.

2 Likes

I wasn’t serious

1 Like

It’s hard to tell lol

It’s shit in Gary Neville’s case.

In which case it is a miracle for him that one of the best managers ever kept him in his side for so long.

Exactly

With Maguire i have to laugh, i thought we were monumentally screwed over with Mustafi for £30m. Imagine how the fans must feel knowing they have spent well over £100m for this guy in fees and wages. There is no way they will get anything decent for him nor any takers because he is on such high wages.

1 Like

Hmmm…:thinking:

Those memes United fans do are hilarious.likebthat one with ibra, mkhi, Di Maria and Mata they had back in the day too.

The number one emotion I get in this dead sport is by watching United fail.

Lmao. Imagine having to apologise for taking a photo with Wiley.

One of the biggest overreactions ever was every social media platform binning this guy for what he said.

I think he’s an idiot and a shit artist but it wasn’t that bad. I’m pretty sure all he said was that if you challenge the Jewish community you’re in trouble and that nobody challenges the Jews. And some bizarre mention of the KKK.

He was an idiot but his comments weren’t so abhorrent that he needs to be wiped from the world

1 Like

Broadly speaking, I think Wiley is probably most known for being “The Godfather of Grime” and a legendary figure in the urban music scene of the UK, not for some of the fucked up things he’s said fairly recently on twitter. I think its feasible that many wouldn’t even know he’s problematic, given the tweets in question came long after his heyday and in a time when he’s not hugely relevant to the modern scene (beyond the influence he had like twenty years ago with the music he made).

I think its probably reasonable to assume that they thought they were posing for a photo with The Godfather of Grime, rather than a bigot or problematic person. In this instance, I really don’t think you can infer anything about Rashford or Lingaard’s social views based on them posing for a photo of him. He’s a rapper, not a politician, posing for a photo with him shouldn’t reasonably be taken as an endorsement of his views, I don’t think.

It’ll probably get swept under the carpet because it’s United.