Manchester United

I’ll die on the hill said it was a PR stunt.

3 Likes

They took offence to us bidding over the asking price by a £1 even though it was perfectly legal and allowed :rofl::rofl:

I’d agree with you seeing as we didn’t challenge it

1 Like

The clause wasn’t supposed to be known by anyone outside of Liverpool, Suarez and his agent. Bidding £1 over the clause made it clear that we were now privy to such information.

If we bid £42.5m, Liverpool would never had known. Bidding £40m+£1 bid was taken as an insult. The owner went on Twitter to mock the bid and it closed off further negotiation. We shot ourselves in the foot.

2 Likes

I suppose it’s legally allowed, but it can still be considered an offensive bid.

Kinda think Wenger wasn’t serious about it anyway otherwise you come in and make a normal bid. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It can be offensive as you want but if you have bid the release clause then they can’t cry about it imo

2 Likes

It’s astonishing that a club like Man U would spend around 300m in recent seasons, on buying underwhelming players like Fred, Varane, Sancho, van de Beek, Dialio, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, etc, but turn down the chance of getting a proven top level manager like Conte.

Whoever is making these decisions, please keep it up, you’re doing a great job.

1 Like

Well they can cry about it and they did and they refused to do further business with big brainiac Wenger

2 Likes

Not that anyone would pay 98m for Firmino…

1 Like

Wouldn’t even want him as a free agent

Haha they can keep him. Not to say he’s crap or anything but he’s no x-factor player. He just fits their system.

Might as well put a 100m release clause on Henderson while their at it.

1 Like

Well he’s no Laca in that position :innocent:

5 Likes

I reckon they should be more unhappy that we mugged them off with Oxlade Chamberlain

3 Likes

:ok_hand:.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t they be doing United a favour in this scenario lol.

3 Likes

then you find out it is their entire 1st team :henry2:

1 Like

Free Mason Greenwood !1!

1 Like

:syringe::syringe::syringe::syringe::syringe::syringe:

Would be doing the football world a favour by dissolving the club.

Easy way of getting rid of the ‘undroppable’ guy

1 Like