Manchester United

Looked better again United and there’s more to come from them.
I said before the game it wasn’t Ole team we were playing.
1 0 up 3 weeks ago we win last night. 3 good results already since he’s gone. In 3 big games. Weary again now of them.

2 Likes

Leicester will be quaking in their boots in their battle for 4th

Oh wait they are 10th. Never mind

2 Likes

Their attack can’t be slept on.
Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho and Bruno just last night and they still have Greenwood, Cavani and Lingard too.

They barely created anything yesterday yet they scored 2 goals and got in a position to win a penalty and convert it.

Switch our attackers and we win by 3-4 goals at the very least.

No they wrestled there way from one down to 2 1 up by winning more loose ball.
Partly our lack of intensity in the middle of the pitch.

1 Like

Nah, they didn’t play particularly well all game. We were easily the better team for most of the match and had everything under control even with the mistakes we made at times.
When we gave them the ball in the first half our defending was on point and they couldn’t create something of value but all they needed was one moment of brilliance and they created a very nice goal to equalise.
After that we took control again and started the second half better again but they managed to score again.
After we equalised we had total control of the game and it was only a matter of time before we scored yet they found a way to win that penalty. It was smart pass by Sancho and Fred was free in the box to shoot or set it up for someone. We had the chances to equalise again and get the lead but as usual we wasted them.

If our forward were as clinical the game we would be talking about a great victory today.

We never had total control of the game. It was a tier 2 match and why it was quite open.
Mistakes and concerns for both sides. There threat going forward was bigger because of better players.

2 Likes

We did after we equalised. Even after they scored that pen we still had that control for a bit until Nketiah and Laca came on. Arteta’s subs really didn’t work.

They controlled patterns of play from our 1st goal to half time.

As @Stroller said it was an open game which lots of space, misplaced passes and mistakes. Tier 2 match that made for an entertaining game.

A draw was probably fair on balance, sadly we lost due to a poor challenge.

1 Like

I’ve always said this guy was basically the new Ernest Mangnall.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Trust me bro, I made Tuchel and Klopp.

Who will be United’s, Per Mertesacker…Harry Maguire?

2 Likes

Fridge probably followed him, no chance he tries to face the Man Utd fans after that performance.

1 Like

They really looked like total shit today.

They have a very soft schedule for the next two months then a completely brutal run in from early March onward. If they don’t figure things out soon and start accumulating consistent points against the bottom half sides, they’ll be in big trouble.

It’s very early days in the Ragnick era and I do think he’ll do well to steady the ship. Ultimately the CR7 experiment is turning out to be a big failure for United. Think he’s only got like 5 non penalty goals for United in the league this season and his presence is starting to impact the confidence of players around him.

They fumbled big time by not just persisting with Cavani up top and letting the kids around him grow. And letting Fernandes remain the focal point of the teams attack

4 Likes

I’ve been saying for a while now that i don’t think the United job is at easy as people have been making out- and while Ole was a pleb fraud a new manager isn’t going to walk into the place and have everything his way.

Perfect modern example of a person chalice tbh. Their fans were laughing at everyone else in summer as they “won” the transfer window.

Now in December I look at that squad and think they desperately need a rebuild, top to bottom.

2 Likes

It was silly that they ever passed over Conte to begin with because at the very least he’d have had them stronger at the back and less mechanical up top. And guys like Fred and McTominay would be serviceable in a Conte system because he’d just get them to run around like workhorses and that suits their ability level.

But they tried to be too smart and now they’ll likely end up finishing behind a Conte led Spurs who have a worse squad than them.

Sometimes the answer to your problems is literally staring you in the face and they tried to be cute and now it’ll backfire on them.

They had a good transfer policy for a couple seasons where they signed players and it made sense but the window just gone was ridiculous. They have mega wages to a past it CB, signed a 36 year old on astronomical wages who offers nothing outside of poaching these days and then signed a playmaker Winger and decided his best position would be either on the bench or playing in an unfamiliar role as more of a winger / inside forward.

Totally failed summer window that’s set them back dramatically.

2 Likes

We need to beat these in the reverse fixture.

2 Likes