Manchester United

Same could be said about Eriksen?

Costa might have a different opinion for different reasons.

Like most people here, I think United just have too much quality to not do well and while OGS has to be given some credit, it’s more for not getting in their way and letting them do their thing rather than his tactics or coaching.

I think they will do well next season but I don’t see them as genuine contenders for the title. Pep, Klopp and Tuchel are just better coaches/managers and know how to win trophies.

2 Likes

The abuse he would give our owners and directors, the serial losers that they are. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Ironically, they would stop being serial losers if they hired Conte. :grinning:

Love all the United fans bantering about getting Varane for only £45m, ignoring the fact that the only reason he is going is that they’re the only club on the planet willing to pay him £20m per year in wages on a long term deal.

1 Like

Good for them paying big wages on good players instead of big wages on shit players which is the arsenal method tbf.

3 Likes

Every transaction has a risk.

Varane, is a calculated risk that worth to make. It is not like spending the same kind of money on a nobody.

Huh? United have made so many poor signings over the last 5-6 years and the jury is out on whether Varane is even a good CB. Guy looks mistake prone with average reading of the game and they’re about to give him mega wages and a long term deal as well as spend €50m on him.

United have one of the highest wage bills in the world and have done for years and their squad has had plenty of shitters in it. Let’s not just invent things to beat Arsenal with now.

Outside of William, what shit player has the current regime given a high wage to?

1 Like

Kolasinac?

That was Wenger and Gazidis

Yeah, I’m not sure what to expect from Varane in the premier league. I doubt he’ll be poor but I could see him being nothing special. His best abilities have always been his elite athleticism and recovery pace but I think he may have lost a little bit in that regard over time and I’m not sure he has the other qualities to really stand out without just being a superior athlete to everybody around him. As Ramos has declined and Varane has been asked to do more, the Madrid defense just hasnt looked the same. Zidane set them up so negatively in La Liga that their has defense has been kind of protected domestically but they have been regularly exposed in the CL the last few years (4:1 v Ajax at the Bernabeu, conceding five across two matches to PSG in the group one year, losing 4:2 on aggregate to City) and Varane has been at the heart of those defenses.

1 Like

Seeing reports of £40m and wages of £300k+.

He’ll come with absolutely monstrous expectation. Let’s hope he goes the way of Di Maria and Falcao

4 Likes

19 Likes

Mustafi?

The current regime didn’t sign Mustafi. That was Wenger and Gazidis

1 Like

Ah good call. I forgot we tried to extend him and he said no. Dodged a bullet!

2 Likes

The current regime has just started to stamp their authority. Give it a few years. We already have shitters like Willian, Cedric while giving away Guendouzi & Saliba. By 2023 I think we’ll have a squad good enough to challenge Aston Villa for that coveted 12th place.

3 Likes

United don’t fuck about anymore. Two major signings done and dusted in good time ahead of the season.

Big signal of intent to title rivals

4 Likes

United are stacked and they’ve raised the bar with those signings. Targeted the right market too.

They have to be challenging for the Premier League this season. Anything less is failure.

6 Likes