Manchester United

Basque Pulis

4 Likes

He won’t ever out perform the other top 3 coaches for the big trophies.
He won’t see this contract out.

1 Like

If it means that’s another club that have stepped out of the way of us getting Conte, then that’s a good thing.

Solskjaer has surprised a lot of people, including Man U supporters, and the players seem to play for him, so he probably deserves it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have given him that deal after an EL loss with the amount invested in the squad.

Then again Klopp lost an EL final and went on to better things.

1 Like

Think though Klopp had a pedigree and distinctive style of play.
Ole doesn’t really have either of them things.

2 Likes

That Man Utd team can run on autopilot.

Autopilot wins the league?

If there’s enough quality yes.
Too much offensive talent in that Man Utd team.
All Ole has to do is keep his instructions simple and keep the group together.

I don’t think they’re winning the league next season but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if they managed to do so, with Ole even.

I don’t agree Unless City, Liverpool and Chelsea all bottle it.

They’ve been running on autopilot under OGS since day dot, won’t be enough to carry them over the line.

He’s not great but he is better than Arteta, a fact I am reminded by when I want to celebrate this news.

@Darkseid better to he ran on autopilot than a viral program that sends the plane into a massive dive every couple of minutes tbf.

1 Like

How many trophies does Ole have at Utd? :pires2:
Thanks. :arteta:

2 Likes

Excellent news, now we only have to wait until November for Arteta to get sacked and go get Conte.

4 Likes

If you include “the top four” trophy, which we were once good at, he has 2 in the last 2 seasons…

I find it so odd that United are seemingly sticking with Solskjaer for the long term. I don’t subscribe to the idea that he isn’t a good manager because I actually think he is, but I just can’t see why they wouldn’t go for someone in the Conte bracket now. Surely it’s the perfect time to do it with the way United lost that final, but at least they won’t have an elite manager in the dugout for another few seasons still.

3 Likes

Conte has a rep of being difficult to work with.

Not from players though…

Are you sure about that? His training methods have been questioned before as being overly strict.

That was leaked by Chelsea management to taint Conte.

No player has ever been on the record about his sessions or methods

His rep of being difficult to work with is because he demands ambition and investment from the club.

Juventus wanted more success but didn’t want to invest, Chelsea didn’t back him with the players he wanted (he wanted Lukaku, Naingollan, Bonucci and a LB who wasnt Emerson) and he got Morata, Drinkwater, Rudiger and Emerson or Zappcosta, can’t remember which one.

Inter basically told him that he has to sell some of his top players and they can’t afford to sign anyone.

Conte reputation is unfair, he’s a serial winner who simply demands consistent backing from the board.

3 Likes

Yep. And he doesn’t give up on players either. Perisic and Skiriniar looked like they were gone but he kept working with the latter and gave the former a chance to re establish himself as a left wing back. Both were key players in the title triumph last season.